Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
G-man the lead detective on it thought Zimmerman should have been charged. You seem to have a problem with higher ups when it works against Zimmerman but when it does than they're the ones "who count"....

As I've told many clients--private and governmental--over the years, there's what you think you know and what you can prove. In a court of law, only the latter counts. In this case, it initially appeared to the police and prosecutors that what could be proven did not warrant charging Zimmerman. Therefore, as a matter of law, he was not guilty and not even subject to arrest or prosecution. If there isn't probable cause to arrest or charge, then someone is essentially "cleared."

It doesn't matter if one officer thinks someone should be charged if the rest of the department and the prosecutor don't. That's just how the law, prosecutors and police agencies work. My awareness of the above does not make me biased just because that fact contradicts your opinion of Zimmerman's guilt or innocence.