Originally Posted By: Stupid Doog
I've left my wife and I'm living with my parents. She's a manic depressive hard core alcoholic who has basically quit working and has wiped out the bank account that was supposed to buy the house that I'm contractually obligated to buy. she tried to kill herself a month ago after a fight with me and wound up in a few hospitals under detox and suicide watch for a week. Then 4 days later i found her polishing off a bottle of vodka and she attacked me when i grabbed it. Then i woke up from a nap the next day and she was wasted again. We started arguing and she took a knife and split her leg open, so I packed up and ran out. She has utterly destroyed my life but acts like I'm the asshole husband who deserted her when she needed me most even though I've tried for a year to get her help, but was I foolishly believed she'd stop like she said she would. I even bought her a new car because she promised me she'd start working again. I've literally prayed to God to take my life because I'm too weak to take it myself. I fucking hate living and really wish it was over.

This is a rare occasion where Doc, MEM and I are all in agreement on every point.

This seems like it sucks but leaving was the best and only decision you could make.

She'd either have killed, seriously injured you or she'd have fabricated some abuse and had you in jail on trumped up "dv" charges.