Originally Posted By: thedoctor
 Originally Posted By: Son of Mxy
I'm liking Capaldi so far, based on that small scene he's had. And I'm hoping that him being old would at least prevent future romance angles with companions.

Yes, it'll be funny to see the reaction of all the Who girls who watch it for the good looking Doctor and not the character. Capaldi is a Hartnell fan, so here's hoping that his Doctor uses that grumpiness.

http://www.bbcamerica.com/anglophenia/2014/01/doctor-whos-day-roundup-the-new-doctor-will-be-madder/

Quote:
This week, Peter Capaldi‘s interview with Doctor Who magazine has dominated all conversations about the future of the show. He has revealed that there’s a big shift on the way, and that the Doctor will no longer be considered to be boyfriend material, partly because of the clear, physical age difference between him and Clara, and partly because his Doctor will be no one’s idea of a nice, safe romantic traveling companion.

He explained: ”The last two Doctors have been ‘your boyfriend’ Doctors. It was time for the show to flip around. The new version of the show is quite old now.

“We’re going to give Clara a Doctor who is a much older, fiercer, madder, less reliable Doctor who leads her a merry dance.”

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."