recorded episode 2 last week; it was going to be a star wars two-parter. well it still is one, I guess, we just ran out of time to get the second half recorded. just looking for some opinions on a few things.

1.) the prequels - I know, I know. but are they just objectively shitty films, or do they suffer from the core fandom having grown up since the originals? are we blind to some of the same quirks in the originals simply because we were kids at the time? if we could watch the originals for the first time right after the prequels, would the prequels seem to suck as much?

2.) what are you optimistic they'll get right with 7 through 9? based on lessons learned from the prequels, displacing potentially problematic expanded universe stuff to the 'legends' canon limbo, different creators on board this time... better than the prequels, at least?

3.) many fictional universes that are extremely popular in western cultures have comparatively limited pull in other societies. somehow, star wars seems to transcend those cultural divides, to say nothing of language barriers, generational differences, etc. how and why? what makes this particular world so appealing to so many people?

any opinions are welcome, even if I have to extensively paraphrase them to keep it a pg-13 podcast...

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ