On issues of race and politics, I'll stand by my lucid and factual arguments to your insults and personally slanderous innuendo any day of the week.

Regarding Gibbons' storytelling contribution in WATCHMEN, I'll concede that you and G-man have each cited sources that Gibbons contributed more to WATCHMEN's story and design than I initially thought.
But I still see it ultimately as an Alan Moore show, that Gibbons made a contribution to. I still find Gibbons' linestyle bland and unspectacular, and merely functional. Gibbons is no Neal Adams, John Bolton, Alan Davis, Brian Bolland, Bissette/Tottleben, no Michael T Gilbert, no Don Simpson. Gibbons' work does not have the personality, energy or decorative linestyle comparable to any of these other artists.
WATCHMEN is great, and Gibbons was a part of that collaboration. And as I said, maybe the fact that Gibbons' art was functional to the story , make it work better than an artist who might draw attention to himself and his pin-up pages, and away from the story.

But for me, I just can't help thinking another artist than Gibbons could have made WATCHMEN even more great.