http://secretsun.blogspot.com/2009/03/astrognostic-jacob-wrestles-angels.html

Quote:
As uncomfortable as it is for some of his fans and friends to admit, Jack Kirby was a true believer in AAT and intervention theory. [ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AAT = Ancient Astronauts Theory]
The scope of his comics work from the early 70s to his retirement is unequivocal in this regard - the man was obsessed with gods from space.

So why is this important? Why do the beliefs of some old cartoonist who's been dead for 15 years matter now? Well, Kirby is one of the primary architects of popular culture today. Kirby's influence on comics is inarguable -- as it is on superhero culture in general.

But so is his influence on Hollywood. James Cameron, Steven Spielberg, George Lucas (particularly), Frank Miller, Quentin Tarantino and any other sci-fi mogul you can name today fed at Kirby's rich trough as kids. In fact, the quick cut/high intensity of action movies today comes directly from Kirby's Marvel work like The Fantastic Four. I see Kirby's influence all over video game design as well. You simply have to go back and look at pop culture before the Marvel Age and after, and the centrality of Kirby's imagination in the recreation of visual storytelling becomes clear as crystal.

And if Kirby is part of the essential DNA of pop culture, so then are his beliefs. You need look no further than Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull to see it- the entire tableau was simply a big budget replay of the first issue of The Eternals.

Remember- Spielberg and Lucas are the two of the most powerful men in Hollywood today, certainly from a creative standpoint. Even beyond the films they make themselves they have their fingers in countless pies through their production and technical interests.

More importantly, we have very strange indications of Jack Kirby's precognitive/psychic abilities, specifically in regards to events central to the Synchromystic worldview...

This is a blog that argues Kirby was a true believer in the notion that humans were seeded on earth by aliens, in a "Chariots of the Gods" mindset. While Kirby certainly used that as a basis for many of his stories, exploiting a popular trend in the 1970's era, I don't buy that Kirby was ascribed to that belief. Any more than he was to elements in the post-apocalyptic world of KAMANDI, or the magic in his portrayal of THE DEMON.

This blog also presents the idea that Kirby is influential on global popular culture and Hollywood films, way beyond just the comics world, that many (if not most) of the most influential Hollywood directors grew up reading Kirby comics of the 1960's-1970's. While it's interesting that many of them did read Kirby's stories (and in Lucas' case he may or may not have swiped the Luke Skywalker/Darth Vader relationship from Kirby's Orion/Darkseid relationship) as much as I love Kirby, I'm not really buying the above argument.