Caddyshack. Mement--er....

Orson Welles' The Trial is one of my all time favorite movies. Nightmarish, but thought-provoking. I also like Soderberg's Kafka, which gives a warm fuzzy every time I watch it.

Disclosure and Sphere are pale imitations of Crichton's books, but offer some decent (if watered down) aspects of his social commentaries as they were originally conceived in paper.

Primer didn't make me think philosophically or politically, but it bent my brain so much that I felt compelled to sit down and make a flow-chart just so I could properly understand it. Same with Triangle.

Harry Brown, surprisingly enough, managed to climb higher on my movie rankings than Death Wish. It portrayed the criminal problem, along with society's response to it, more poignantly in that it visually demonstrated that the people of a given society are themselves more fit to deal with its problems and riff-raff than the unaccountable and impersonal long arm of the law.

Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead. Wonderful talkie. Gary Oldman at his finest.

Patlabor: The Movie 1 & 2. Beautifully animated suspense, intrigue, and social commentary, Mamoru Ooshi style. Warm fuzzies all around. I suppose I should also give an obligatory mention to his Ghost in the Shell films, which are renowned for their existentialist commentaries.

Suspect Zero and The Descent are my two sleeper "think" films. They come across as more action-driven movies, but they have hidden layers that make them far more subversive and viscerally challenging than other such films--although I completely disagree with Aaron Eckhart's character's concluding lines in Suspect Zero, but other than that it was great.