http://www.tcj.com/the-harlan-ellison-interview/

I'm really surprised to see this published online, particularly by THE COMICS JOURNAL, from COMICS JOURNAL 53 (1980), where Groth gave a very lengthy and wide-ranging interview of Harlan Ellison. By their own conversation during the interview, it spanned about 5 hours. And transcribed in print form, it spanned about 40 pages.

Which combined with letters of his I'd seen in SWAMP THING 6 and FOREVER PEOPLE 3, are what finally compelled me to look for and read Ellison's books.

This is the interview where Ellison trashed Gerry Conway, Don Heck, Jack Abel and a few others, and led Michael Fleisher to sue Ellison and the COMICS JOURNAL, a lawsuit that lasted from 1980-1987, and almost bankrupted Fantagraphics.

It's also what spawned the 38-year feud between Gary Groth and Harlan Ellison. Ellison's every mis-step in those years was covered in the COMICS JOURNAL. Although certainly, Ellison provoked it on many occasions. But it made me think of the COMICS JOURNAL, for all its more intelligent offerings, as the NATIONAL ENQUIRER of comicdom.