Well, with Kirby, his art was more loose and less detiled than guys like Adams, Wrightson, Kaluta and Aparo, but up till 1972 I think that while Kirby's art didn't have the same detail as it did in his 1966 FANTASTIC FOUR (say, around FF issues 44-65), as in the two above splash pages from THE DEMON, his art is still beautiful and visually striking.

Even in Kirby's looser work in 1973-1978, Kirby still from just a conceptual storytelling point of view was right on the pulse of what readers wanted. KAMANDI for a while was DC's best seller. THE DEMON was also popular, and his "Chariots of the Gods"-themed THE ETERNALS series was popular as well. I didn't like everything Kirby did, but I liked a high ratio, and he has a very consistent style across every series he worked on.

I don't know what happened with Al McWilliams. He seemed to have lost work elsewhere, and then picked up loose work at Marvel and DC to pick up the slack starting in 1974-1975. Possibly he worked on comic strips before that.
Aside from this JUSTICE INC issue 1 story, he also inked John Byrne IRON FIST stories in MARVEL PREMIERE 25, and then the first issue of IRON FIST in his own book.
And on Gold Key's original series STAR TREK comic book, issues 38-61 (July 1976-March 1979), and a Black Hood comic book produced around 1975, that wasn't published until 1983-1984, with rare shorter separate stories by Al McWilliams, Neal Adams and Gray Morrow, in BLUE RIBBON COMICS 8, 1983.

There was also a separate BLACK HOOD comic, 3 issues, issue 1 of which had a few pages of McWilliams, along with stories by Morrow, Wildey, Toth, Spiegle and Boyette. I bought these issues years ago for the Toth stories.