God... I just read the first 3 issues of the SLASH MARAUD series. The dialogue is horrible. It combines two things I hate: street punk thug dialogue, and fake pseudo-hip future slang dialogue. I read this when it first came out over 30 years ago, and found it a lot more tolerable.
Among the various gang characters, there's also an ebonics-talking street punk black female character, a cardboard cutout two -dimensional stereotype french female punk character named "Beret" (who wears a beret like French women probably haven't worn since World War II).
And several thug characters who look and talk like 1950's motorcycle gang punks. One keeps saying things like "Hey hey, daddy-o!"
The aliens throughout are slang-referenced as "fuzzballs" by the gang characters. And one of the aliens likes human stripper/hooker girls, eats a lot of hamburgers and hot dogs, and periodically says "Rock and roll!" I wish I was kidding.
Just awful.
I can't believe this book was published in this form. Like many comics I've unfortunately read, it was in desperate need of an editor and revision before going to print, which it never got. And behold the hideous 6-issue thing that was stillborn as a result.

Here's a Marvel graphic novel, CONAN: THE SKULL OF SET (1989) by Moench and Gulacy, that was far more clever and intelligently scripted. And leaves you feeling much more at the end like you read a satisfying and good story.
https://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Marvel-.../Full?id=154836