Must be late for you guys.

I spend a lot of time on Twitter nowadays and deliberately seek out US conservative views on politics (ie I try to counteract Twitter's expectations of what I prefer seeing and force myself out of a liberal echo chamber). i engage in polite discussion with a lot of questions, and generally don't challenge them on their views for fear of antagonising them. It is very informative.

So the "blue wave" ease to power which many Dem supporters thought was going to characterise this election has been diluted by seeing views from both sides of the fence.

So, thus far, I'm really surprised by Maine's current results, and the other way surprised by Montana. Disappointed by Texas, which I would have guessed was increasingly liberal. In Arizona I wonder if Biden got a boost by McCain's widow coming out for him.

Do I think there will be violence as an outcome of the election? Yes, sadly, I do. If Trump wins, I'm expecting violence in California and Washington DC. If Biden wins, I'm expecting to see violence in places like Michigan.

If Trump wins, I think that the concept of "pollster" needs a serious re-vamp, because that would be two elections in a row where most major polls got it wrong (noting the LA Times in 2016 was the only major poll which picked Trump). FiveThirtyEight has been cagey of late, predicting a Trump win as "plausible" if unlikely.

Who do I think will win? Fuck knows.

But I've got to say, as someone who is living in a tightly locked down region where there has been no community infections for well-over 200 days, the lack of concern n the US about the pandemic and how it is being handled is baffling. How this could ever have become politicised I just don't understand. (The region I live in, Western Australia, is the powerhouse of our national economy and has some high risk remote Aboriginal communities where a covid infection would have decimated them.)

Pimping my site, again.

http://www.worldcomicbookreview.com