Originally Posted by Pariah
Hello Dave.

Originally Posted by First Amongst Daves
So the "blue wave" ease to power which many Dem supporters thought was going to characterise this election has been diluted by seeing views from both sides of the fence.

So, thus far, I'm really surprised by Maine's current results, and the other way surprised by Montana. Disappointed by Texas, which I would have guessed was increasingly liberal. In Arizona I wonder if Biden got a boost by McCain's widow coming out for him.

The theory on this one--which I'm leaning toward--is California. Liberals who couldn't afford to live under the policies they put in place leave in waves and go to cheaper-to-live states and then proceed to vote in the same policies that motivated them to leave their previous homes in the first place. In which case, the California exodus has seen droves of people head to Texas and Arizona.

So perfectly said, Pariah.

Also California immigrants to Colorado and Nevada. The same will happen with the flight of New Yorkers to Florida. Instead of learning their lesson, they continue to vote for the liberal policies that ruined California, and are now slowly ruining the states they moved to and now vote in.

The other factor is hispanic immigration to these states, and particularly to states surrounding the Washington DC area, such as Virginia, Maryland and North Carolina, that over the last 15 years have turned those states from Red to Purple or Blue.