Originally Posted by M E M
...Dr. Birx and Fauci now freed are singing like birds too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deborah_Birx

Birx has been alternatively praised and pilloried by various sides, both for her responses as well as the actions in general of the CDC as well as the coronavirus task force. Some critics[who?] have alleged that Birx minimized the dangers of coronavirus and downplayed equipment shortfalls. She was the White House's chief proponent for the idea in April that COVID-19 infections had peaked and the virus was fading quickly,[34] when afterward infections surged.[35] A board member at the American College of Emergency Physicians, Ryan A. Stanton, said Birx sounded like “the builders of the Titanic saying the ship can’t sink". Birx was also accused of squandering her credibility and bringing her independence into question with her public praise of Trump, whom many believed bungled the coronavirus response.[36]

In December 2020, Birx indicated that she will retire from government soon after Joe Biden assumes office, stating that she "will stay as long as needed and then retire"; she said her tenure "has been a bit overwhelming" and "very difficult on my family".[37] Birx's announcement came after it was revealed that she had hosted three generations of her family from two households during Thanksgiving after she had urged Americans to restrict such gatherings to "your immediate household".[38] On January 20, 2021, her term ended.[39] Afterwards, Birx stated that she often considered quitting her position as White House coronavirus response coordinator under the Trump administration due to the administration's hyper-partisanship, especially during the 2020 presidential election.[40][41]

PERSONAL LIFE

Birx lives with her parents, husband, and the family of one of her daughters in a multi-generational home.[42][43] Birx's husband, Paige Reffe, is a lawyer who held managerial roles in the Carter, Reagan, and Clinton administrations.[44][45]

Nope, we have to believe every word she says, no bad calls on her watch.

But y'know... Orange Man Bad. rolleyes

In all seriousness, I've liked Dr Birx throughout her public role in this, and it seems to me she's called some shots correctly, and been wrong on others. Her political motivations have been questioned by both sides. I'm convinced Fauci is a Democrat partisan. Dr. Birx is less obviously partisan to one side or the other. But the fact that her husband served two Democrat presidents and also the Reagan administration makes me think she's maybe a Democrat. Or a deep state bureaucrat invested in the swampy status quo (and therefore not a Trump supporter). Possibly. Or maybe remarkably neutral.

It seems to me that her one criticism of Trump is he was getting two opposing and "contradictory" streams of information on Covid-19, and she clearly doesn't like Dr. Scott Atlas.
But as Reagan did as president, he would have two opposing views in the room together, and let them argue and debate the two sides in front of him, to fully voice both perspectives. I don't see that Dr. Birx has any devastating criticism of Trump. She at turns had advocated for him, and opposed aspects of his policy. And she has not had a perfect track record. And like so many public figures telling everyone else to isolate and not have large gatherings, has been exposed hypocritically not following her own advice.
Trump welcomed Scott Atlas some time after the fiasco with the testing kit, and clearly just relying on Fauci, Redfield and Birx would have been stupid at that point, he needed other perspectives, to be sure the nation was following the best path. And I've never seen Scott Atlas say anything illogical. He was a needed fresh perspective, to test the wisdom of others in the room, other who repeatedly got it wrong.

I also urge you to watch what I just finished watching at 9 PM on Fox, the weekly program The Next Revolution, exposing that U.S. funding for the Wuhan lab that cause the Covid-19 outbreak, and that after the CDC doctors above Fauci cut off funding for the research, Fauci secretly authorized continued funding with another $3.75 million, of the very research that caused the outbreak ! Steve Hilton (the host, and a former adviser to British prime minister David Cameron) recommended that Fauci should be excluded from all involvement in the Covid investigation in China, until other investigators uncover precisely what Fauci and another scientist's role is in all this. The other scientist is part of the WHO, and both he and Fauci were involved in the secret Wuhan research, and both he and Fauci pressed the hardest for the theory that the outbreak came from the wet market rather than the Wuhan Research lab, which would have covered up their involvement in the secret Wuhan research. It replays at midnight, or if you miss that, it usually is viewable up for 24 hours or so on Youtube, under "Jan 24 2021 Next Revolution".