Just by the by, Fox News has lost an average 40% of its viewership in 3 months to Newsmax, OAN and other sources, the latter two networks are seeing a huge rise in viewership.

It's just a fact that FOX has been moving left gradually for two years. And the trigger that caused an exodus of viewers away from FOX is when FOX prematurely called states for Biden on election night, and especially when they prematurely called the election for Biden on Saturday, Nov 7th, and began (before anyone else) calling Biden "the president elect", when there was still to months of enormous legal ground to challenge the election, including thousands of affidavit-sworn witnesses to election fraud.

Another big contributor to FOX's decline began when RINO former speaker Paul Ryan was appointed to the board running FOX. That's the time when Donna Brazile was hired to do commentary on FOX programs. Another person I absolutely will not watch.
Around the same time, despite that the Republican party has about 93% support of Trump, a higher level of Repblican-base support than any previous Republican president, FOX began running close to 100% never-Trumpers as the "conservative" opinion on their discussion panels, very disproportionate to the actual conservatives in the Republican party watching their programs nationwide.

Another clue to the drift to the left was when Neil Cavuto began attacking Trump for taking hydroxychloroquine in a very one-sided diatribe, with no attempt to interview doctors in support of hyrdoxychloroquine. And then Cavuto in the days and weeks after further descended into more broad political attacks on Trump.

Another clue to the liberal infighting to take over FOX was when Judge Jeannine Pirro was fired for about 3 weeks over her commentary on muslim terrorism, that in her actual words was not particularly controversial. It turned out that Brett Baier and Sheppard Smith were the ones secretly backstabbing and pushing to fire her. Shortly after that coup failed, Sheppard Smith left Fox News in a huff. Good riddance. Sheppard Smith had a highly opinionated segment with judge Nick Napolitano, and a few hours later Tucker Carlson mocked the Smith/Napolitano segment, and Smith was indignant that Carlson criticized the segment, and it ws a moth or two later that Smith prematurely ended his FOX contract.

It's a fact that Rupert Murdoch's son has gradually been taking over FOX news, and is decidedly liberal/Left, and wants to turn FOX into another CNN, which he is gradually doing. And took rather dramatic steps in that direction in the week of the Nov 2020 election. I never before Nov 7 saw FOX news reporters call Trump a "liar". That is hyper-partisan CNN territory. I still watch FOX, about 50% or so of their content is still conservative, or at least fairly neutral/objective (especially relative to the hyperventilating pure propaganda and namecalling on CNN and MSNBC), but I no longer trust FOX News the way I used to. And if I were Laura Ingraham, Tucker Carlson, Sean Hannity, Jeanine Pirro, Mark Levin or Jesse Waters, I would be keeping feelers out or signing a contract with Newsmax or other more reliably conservative outlets.

Even Tucker Carlson and Laura Ingraham were too quick to say in the week after the election that it was over and telling viewers to "just accept that Biden won" without any coverage of the rampant election fraud data, and not even covering the hearings in 6 states (each about 5 to 12 hours of testimony) by legislatures there. There are a number of shows on FOX that I used to watch that I absolutely refuse to now.
Neil Cavuto, Brian Kilmeade, Steve Doocey, Martha McCallum, Brett Baier, Jedidiah Bila, Kristen Fisher, Eric Shaun, Howard Kurtz, Sandra Smith, Leland Vittert, Chris Wallace, Jennifer Griffin, Andrew Napolitano, Jonah Goldberg, Steve Hayes, and others are people who might as well not even be on, because I will never NEVER watch them again, and if they come on I will just change the channel.

Newsmax about a month ago with its 7 PM show Greg Kelly, for the first time had higher ratings than Martha McCallum's program in the same hour.
About a week ago in reaction, Fox recently moved McCallum's show to 3 PM, and re-shuffled the deck on programming for several other shows to try and contain the drop in ratings. But FOX has annihilated their base's trust in them, and that audience is not coming back. A strong commitment to actual conservativism and not selectively omitting the facts available in other conservative media would win that audience back over time, but Fox has no such commitment, so that audience will continue to break off and move to Newsmax and OAN.