Originally Posted by Prometheus
Pariah is right, it's not Star Trek. It's violent, myopic, pessimistic, millenial fluff meant to pander to the minority SJW demographic that don't even own a TV. It's a waste of money and the destruction of a franchise, in lieu of desperate modern virtue-signaling. No sale.

That's actually how I felt about STAR TREK: DEEP SPACE 9, and STAR TREK: DISCOVERY, at least in many episodes. They presented a much darker future than the original STAR TREK series by Roddenberry.
And even many episodes of STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION were a departure from the optimistic utopian future of the original series. While the movies also had some dark and political elements, I felt they overcame that by injecting a lot of humor that the series generally didn't have, at least not in the needed abundance the movies had (1980-1991 movies).

And it deeply saddens me that guys like George Takei, Levarr Burton, and Patrick Stewart are so rabidly "woke" and race-obsessed. To me it undermines the characters they played on STAR TREK, their attitudes are antithetical to the characters they portrayed. And if their attitude prevails in the next 50 or 100 years, the world will not reach the brighter and better 23rd century that Roddenberry's original series envisioned and inspired us to achieve.