Originally Posted by iggy
"I secured one minor guilty plea while losing both higher profile cases that would--maybe--actually move toward proving Trump was framed. Comey secured many more guilty pleas and convictions tying large numbers of the Trump campaign to Russia. Now, I'm grumbling about my four year fishing expedition that resulted in a terribly small fish being caught." -Durham

I'd love to see where that made-up quote could even be alleged to be representative and factual.

I haven't seen anywhere that John Durham was even interviewed about his report, to speculate one way or the other.

But in the case of James Comey and his 7th floor criminal inner circle at the FBI, I wouldn't brag about over-charging people to decades in jail, to make them sign plea bargains to crimes they never committed --IN MANY CASES, WHERE THE U S SUPREME COURT LATER UNANIMOUSLY OVERTURNED THE CONVICTIONS. That is a level of criminality and abuse of power no one should defend or laugh about.
And not just malicious prosecution of Trump officials, but of innocent executives for Arthur Anderson and Enron, Martha Stewart, Scooter Libby and Ted Stevens, some of whom died in jail before their sentences were finally appealed and overturned. This is what Comey's inner circle at the FBI did for more than 20 years, way before Trump ever entered politics.

And I must have missed the day where it was reported that "many" or ANY Trump officials were tied to "Russia collusion" The truth is in the cases of Manafort, Grimes, Flynn, and Trump attorney Mark Cohen, is that FBI never was able to find *****ANY**** Russia collusion, by ANY Trump official. So Comey's FBI dug through their pasts of any random prosecutable charge, and tried them for unrelated charges (such as Taxi cab medallion licenses) .
Or in the absence of any crime, created "process crimes" such as a perjury trap, and made them take a plea bargain, rather than spend the full decades in jail they were overcharged with.