( From DAREDEVIL 233, August 1986, by Frank Miller and David Mazzuchelli, accompanying the story credits on page 1: )

"This issue respectfully dedicated to Jack Kirby"

The issue guest-stars Captain America, and the character is drawn in a very Kirby-esque 1964-1965-era Captain America style.

~

In listing all these dedications to Kirby, you can quickly see that they're dedicated by pretty much ALL of the major talents working in the comics field in the 1980's. All making clear their tribute, and love, for Kirby's work.

And no doubt, there are many other similar dedications I've missed.

Although as I've said, a vast percentage of ongoing Marvel and DC characters and series over the last 60 years are in themselves a tribute to Kirby's work.

~

Beardguy57, I like your vision of Kirby in the afterlife interacting with French impressionists and Rennaissance artists.
I don't know how much Kirby was into high art, but it's clear that he loved to draw, first in animation for Max Fleischer in the 1930's, and some newspaper strip work, before moving into a long career in comics. And Kirby considered himself very fortunate to spend a lifetime doing what he loved.
And who can ask for more than that?

~

Here's a link to some humorous anecdotes of Kirby, by some creators who knew Jack Kirby well, including Jim Steranko, and Scott Shaw.

http://www.twomorrows.com/kirby/articles/10storys.html

I especially enjoyed this recollection:

Quote:
"King Of His Castle?"
by Peter Von Sholly
I visited the Kirbys at their home in 1976 and was duly awed by both the array of original artwork on the walls and the incredible hospitality I was shown.
Roz offered coffee and cake and Jack spun stories of World War II, his philosophy, the comics biz, etc.
But at one point, Roz came out of the kitchen and asked Jack to take the garbage out!
I was stunned.
Roz looked at me, smiled and said: "He may be the King, but I'm the Queen."
And Jack cheerfully took the garbage out.

--------------------

"This Man, This Wonder Boy..."