Here's a Kirby-focused Alan Moore interview from THE JACK KIRBY COLLECTOR # 30 :

The second half of the interview is, for me, the most interesting.

The interview begins with Moore reflecting on his first exposure to Kirby's work and its influence on Moore's own aesthetic sense and storytelling approach.

Later, Moore describes several tributes to Kirby in his own work, in the six-issue 1963 series, in SUPREME, and in
TOP 10.

I especially like Moore's described tribute to Kirby in the SUPREME series:

Quote:

TJKC: Could you tell me a little about the "New Jack City" story in Supreme [SUPREME: THE RETURN, issues 5 and 6] ?

ALAN MOORE: The basic story was that some sort of mysterious citadel seems to have appeared overnight somewhere in some high, inaccessible Tibetan mountain valley or whatever.
So Supreme goes to investigate and what he finds is this bewildering landscape which is in fact a great number of different landscapes sort of fused together. There's bits of it that look like a 1930s Depression era bowery slum, where he meets a kid gang and a costumed hero that the kid gang are obviously accomplices of. They have some battle with a suitably super-villain type. I believe we have a huge Atlas monster rising from the depths.

Supreme wanders down a tunnel to find himself coming out into a trench of a battlefield where there are lots of grizzled multi-ethnic soldiers: An obvious Irish one, an obvious Jewish one, an obvious Black guy, all very much like the Sgt. Fury line-up and a whole slew of patriotic heroes.

This carries on until Supreme actually meets the supreme creator of this world, who kind of turns out to be Jack Kirby.

This is very difficult to explain because it took a whole story to tell the story, but it's basically that this gigantic floating head changes from this kind of Kirby photo montage—the head is changing, it always looks like Jack Kirby drawn or both.
This gigantic entity explains to him that he used to be a flesh and blood artist but now he is entirely in the realm of ideas, which is much better because flesh and blood has its limitations because he can only do four or five pages a day tops, where now he exists purely in the world of ideas. The ideas can just flow out uninterrupted.
He talks about the very concept of a space where ideas are real, which is the kind of place to some degree all comic creators work in all their lives, but Jack Kirby maybe more than most.

So it's kind of an idea that being free of a physical body, this artist is then able to explore endless worlds of imagination and ideas.