Yeah, great stuff.

Again, to be honest, I felt the first two issues were the best, and the art and story diminished (but only slightly) in the remaining issues of the series.
Clearly inspired by the Erich Von Daniken Chariots of the Gods books. And the whole UFO craze of the 70's.

My favorite of Kirby's work is actually his Fourth World series (from 1970-1972 mostly) in FOREVER PEOPLE, NEW GODS, MISTER MIRACLE and JIMMY OLSEN. At various points in time, each of the four series were my favorite.

Although not of the same prose level as, say, Alan Moore, these stories have great literary/symbolic elements, that leave vast room for expansion.
From which only a few writers and artists have had the dedication and talent to satisfyingly expand on Kirby's Fourth World vision ("The Great Darkness Saga" in LEGION 287-294 by Levitz and Giffen, for example).

But when Kirby left DC and came back to Marvel in 1976, and ETERNALS # 1 came out, Kirby showed that that his enormous storytelling power had not diminished in the move.