I listed this previously in the comic series that never happened topic, but felt it relative to mention here in the Kirby topic, about Kirby's adaptation of THE PRISONER tv series into comic book form in 1978, that was completed but never published.

SPIRIT WORLD # 1 and DAYS OF THE MOB # 1 were published in 1971. The second issues were cancelled and went unpublished, and the material for these two magazines were partly published elsewhere in the issues I listed in the other topic.

Quote:
Wonder Boy said:
 Quote:

----------------------------------------------
erdmann
posted August 01, 2002 01:11 PM
---------------------------------------------

In 1971, DC toyed with the idea of launching a line of glossy magazines. Among them were three Kirby titles "In the Days of the Mob," "True Divorce Cases" and a romance comic aimed at black readers.
Only one issue of "Mob" was published. For more information on the book, check out: http://twomorrows.com/16mob.html
Also under consideration was a magazine-format "House of Mystery" and a pulp-style "Batman."

In addition to DAYS OF THE MOB # 1, the other Kirby magazine released was SPIRIT WORLD # 1. At the bottom of page 1 of this topic, I detailed what happened to the stories produced for the second issue of each of these two titles.

As well as the unpublished SOUL LOVE romance magazine Kirby produced, which have only been partly published in the JACK KIRBY COLLECTOR fanzine, and the MASTERWORKS book I mentioned that has a sampling of unpublished Kirby pages, with a text restrospective of kirby's career up to 1978.

Quote:

And speaking of Kirby, he once worked on a "Prisoner" comic for Marvel after Steve Englehart and Gil Kane were bounced from the project. See: http://twomorrows.com/11prisoner.html

Kirby's 17-page THE PRISONER story (like the cancelled titles from the 1978 DC Implosion that were collected into a very limited 35 collected xeroxed copies and distributed as CANCELLED COMICS CAVALCADE vols 1 and 2, now widely bootlegged) is also available as a set of unauthorized xeroxes, that I've seen occasionally offered on e-bay and elsewhere.