Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#21448 2003-09-08 5:41 PM
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
quote:
DEAUVILLE, France - Roman Polanski (news) finally took home his Academy Award statue for best director this weekend, nearly six months after winning for "The Pianist."

Harrison Ford (news), a friend of Polanski and the star of his 1988 movie "Frantic," handed the director the prize Sunday at the Deauville film festival. Ford also had announced Polanski's win at the March 23 ceremony in Los Angeles, which the director didn't attend.

Polanski faces arrest in the United States since pleading guilty to having sex with a 13-year-old girl. He was charged with rape and five other felonies in 1977.

As part of a deal with prosecutors, Polanski pleaded guilty to having unlawful sex with a minor, then fled Los Angeles for Paris in 1978 to evade sentencing.

The 70-year-old is presiding over the jury at Deauville, on the Normandy coast.

"The Pianist" won the Palme d'Or at the Cannes Film Festival (news - web sites), and also earned Oscars (news - web sites) for best adapted screenplay and best actor. Adrien Brody (news) starred as Polish-Jewish pianist Wladyslaw Szpilman, who eluded the Nazis in the Warsaw ghetto.

-

1500+ posts
1500+ posts
Polanski's dubious history shouldn't overshadow the fact that The Pianist is a great movie.

I'll judge the art on its merits and the artist by their merits, or lack of them.

Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Someone, I think it was Howard Stern, sent a fake reporter out to ask celebrities "would you work for a rapist?" To a person, they all said no. Then the reporter would say "what about Roman Polanski..."

The reactions were priceless.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Oh, and I am SOOOO done watching Harrison Ford movies.

10000+ posts
10000+ posts
Ford hasnt done anything decent in years...

When I see stuff like this it really makes me believe that Luthor really could be President in America! Despite his previous attempts to take over the world.

5000+ posts
5000+ posts
Polanski's victim, who now has a couple kids of her own, says the man should be forgiven for what he did.

Don't take this as a ringing endorsement for the weirdo from me, because it isn't, but I think that should be thrown out there.

7500+ posts
7500+ posts
Family Guy quote!

LOIS: What's going on?

STEWIE: We're playing house.

LOIS: Why is the boy tied up?

STEWIE: ...Roman Pulanski's house.

10000+ posts
10000+ posts
quote:
Originally posted by Kristogar Velo:
Polanski's victim, who now has a couple kids of her own, says the man should be forgiven for what he did.

Forgiven?
I didnt even know that he ever received a consequence in the first place.
And sure thats a real stable person there.
Her mom pimps her out but other than that she's lead a stable life.
Half the pedofiles out there were victims themselves...that doesn grant them absolution for their crimes as a result nor does it make them accurate judges of right and wrong.
Im not saying the women is loopy for sure, but her forgiveness of the guy doesnt mean the guy is innocent.

Educator to comprehension impaired (JLA, that is you)
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
...nope who is to say he didnt continue to do this because he got away with it? you need to pay for you crimes and just because a victim forgives someone doesnt mean they shouldnt be punished to hopefully give some heed to those who may intend to do this to others...

5000+ posts
5000+ posts
That's why I don't understand how anybody could support Polanski either. He just bailed out of the country rather than face the music for what he did.

10000+ posts
10000+ posts
Why would anyone want to work for a child molestor...oh wait....isnt Woody Allen still in this country and people still going to his films and dying to work in them?
But those same actors are bitching and moaning about how soldiers are baby killers!

Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
Baby fuckers are Ok though Franta ( they're misunderstood)... it's the USA. Apparently 10 %, or so, of the population have been raped or molested at some point. A beautiful country in many ways. [sad]

10000+ posts
10000+ posts
So wait....

When did an Academy Award for best picture suddenly become the "nice guy of the year" award?

Acknowledging a fantastic movie, which is the combined effort of dozens of people, not just one man's project, and supporting/defending the personal life of an individual are two very different things. Why Franta continues to confuse the two is beyond me.

Also, Woody Allen isn't a rapist. He committed no crime. The girl was of consenting age, and he married her. You might not agree with what he did, but it was legal and both are happy now.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
...Animalman again shows his ignorance through his posts....

10000+ posts
10000+ posts
I bet he cant wait until Dahmers buddy movie with Osama Bin Laden comes out!

I dont care if the guy wins some prententious award for filming a movie...

I care that "respected" actors are proud to be seen with him, honor him and work with him....while at the same time would spit at Bush.

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
quote:
Originally posted by Animalman:
When did an Academy Award for best picture suddenly become the "nice guy of the year" award?

Considering that the Academy Awards has always, and I do mean always, been more of a popularity contest than an actual reward for artistic merit, this award shows that people in Hollywood like Polanski the person despite his admited crime and fleeing from sentencing.

10000+ posts
10000+ posts
...well played...

1000+ posts
1000+ posts
quote:
So wait....

Acknowledging a fantastic movie, which is the combined effort of dozens of people, not just one man's project, and supporting/defending the personal life of an individual are two very different things. Why Franta continues to confuse the two is beyond me.

Personally, I think it's wrong to honor someone who does something like this. It's like giving OJ an Oscar. If he did this years ago, WENT to jail, and repented for his crime, then I wouldn't be against giving him an Oscar. But the guy raped a girl and became a fugitive.

quote:
Also, Woody Allen isn't a rapist. He committed no crime. The girl was of consenting age, and he married her. You might not agree with what he did, but it was legal and both are happy now.

Yes, but he was helping raise Soon-Yi with Mia Farrow. He may not have adopted her legally, or been married to Mia, but for all intents and purposes he acted as a father to Soon-Yi.

1000+ posts
1000+ posts
quote:
Originally posted by the G-man:
Oh, and I am SOOOO done watching Harrison Ford movies.

Just curious, since you're a Liddy fan (and I am too, by the way), what's your opinion on Liddy's role in Watergate (and please explain to me, I have a hard time following what who knew and when they knew it myself)?

Rob Offline
cobra kai
15000+ posts
cobra kai
15000+ posts
i browsed this thread yesterday, just knowing it had "annie's famous individuals legal defense fund" written all over it.

quote:
Acknowledging a fantastic movie, which is the combined effort of dozens of people, not just one man's project, and supporting/defending the personal life of an individual are two very different things.

did everyone else who worked on the movie get a trophy? did any one else?

quote:
Also, Woody Allen isn't a rapist. He committed no crime. The girl was of consenting age, and he married her. You might not agree with what he did, but it was legal and both are happy now

he also helped raise her as a daughter for several years, before dating her.

to most, the act doesnt have to be text book to be referred to as criminal.

betrayal and collapse
5000+ posts
betrayal and collapse
5000+ posts
Rack Gob.

Rob Offline
cobra kai
15000+ posts
cobra kai
15000+ posts
with big ones, no less!

100+ posts
100+ posts
Damn that Harrison Ford...

...he sympathizes with that French-loving Johnny Depp....and THEN does this?

I'm glad "Hollywood Homicide" tanked!

10000+ posts
10000+ posts
quote:
Originally posted by THE Franta:
I care that "respected" actors are proud to be seen with him, honor him and work with him....while at the same time would spit at Bush.

Harrison Ford is Roman Polanski's friend. I doubt he thinks what Polanski did was right. As Kristo said, the girl has said that Roman should be forgiven, and that she doesn't blame or hold anything against him. As you said, often pedophiles are victims themselves. In 1969, Polanski's wife, Sharon Tate, was brutally murdered by the Manson gang. You've never experienced something like that, and I hope you never do, but I can imagine something like that isn't easy to get over.

Does this make Polanski a great guy? No. Does it make him right in what he did? No. However, it also doesn't make him an evil person. He didn't kill or maim anybody, the victim has forgiven him and it's been 30 years. Again, I'm not saying this makes it right, but I don't think it's fair to say that the guy is a horrible human being and that everyone should refuse to come in contact with him or work with him in any capacity.

As for Bush, I find it very strange that you automatically assume that celebrities like Kobe Bryant are guilty of whatever crimes they are accused of(and some that are simply implied or insinuated)....yet you have no doubt that George Bush is completely innocent in his actions. Where's the consistency there?

quote:
Originally posted by thedoctor:
Considering that the Academy Awards has always, and I do mean always, been more of a popularity contest than an actual reward for artistic merit, this award shows that people in Hollywood like Polanski the person despite his admited crime and fleeing from sentencing.

In 1962, George C. Scott refused to even be nominated for an Academy award, stating that he was in no competition with anyone, and that he thought the entire thing was a joke. He was nominated anyway, for the Hustler, and twice more before he died('71 and '72). In 1971 he won, for Patton, and refused to accept his Oscar.

Marlon Brando refused to accept his Oscar in 1973 for the Godfather, and made a mockery of the entire ceremony by sending an actress pretending to be a Native American women to accept his award and then blast the Academy Awards for not nominating more Native Americans. He was nominated twice again after that.

Stanley Kubrick repeatedly said he didn't give a shit about the Academy Awards, and was nominated more than a dozen times.

Michael Moore won last year, despite being an incredible ass, and was promptly booed off the stage when he demonstrated why.

quote:
Originally posted by Rob Kamphausen:
did everyone else who worked on the movie get a trophy? did any one else?

Yes, Ronald Harwood and Adrien Brody. Some received various other awards, as well.

Polanski received an Oscar because the Pianist is an extraordinary film, and he did a fantastic job directing it. He did not receive the award because the Academy thinks he's a moral person. This is art, not politics.

I've seen the artwork of Samuel Gaedy, a serial killer who passed his time in an insane asylum by painting, and I find it quite fascinating, in a dark and disturbing way. That's an extreme comparison, but that seems to be a theme here so I guess it's ok.

quote:
to most, the act doesnt have to be text book to be referred to as criminal.
Some people feel the same way about homosexuality. Regardless, they're happy, and he broke no law.

I don't defend their actions, Rob, despite what you may think. I only put things in what I feel to be the correct proportion when they are bloated by outrageous claims(such as comparing Roman Polanski and Woody Allen to Lex Luthor). If playing "the devil's advocate" and taking an unpopular side in an argument(or most arguments) is required in doing that, fair enough.

Besides, this would be a pretty boring(and ignorant) message board if everyone always accepted what Franta said as truth.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
...his wife was murdered, i guess that does make it ok to get a 13 year old girl drunk and rape her....

10000+ posts
10000+ posts
Sometimes reading the posts helps, bsams....

Rob Offline
cobra kai
15000+ posts
cobra kai
15000+ posts
annie, i certainly appreciate your willingness to voice up with an unpopular opinion, both on the grounds that its bold and inspiring to others, as well as the fact that it starts and continues discussions on the boards.

however, what most disturbs about your perceptions on many an accused, famous individual is that you most always belittle their accusations and/or crimes and/or wrong-doings in favor of playing the devil's advocate. not that you excuse their actions, but you certainly come across as accepting of them.

you were so busy denying rumors about kobe's rape charges you never seemed to fully acknowledge the committed act of adultery.

you've defended kurt kobain without ever really sympathyzing with what he left behind.

you're clarifying and making techinical woody allen's actions, without recognizing he's married to a girl who once called him "dad" (and who no longer speaks to her mom, because of him).

here you are, detailing roman polanski's "did"s and "did not"s, seemingly excluding and evading the fact that he's a convicted criminal that then fled the country as a fugitive.

and, hey, odds are, as you respond to this post with your own defense, you'll pick out 6 or 7 of my own improperly used words to justify your comments, rather than trying to understand the point as a whole. its happened before.

thats fine. you are allowed to disagree. but put a little less devil in your advocate.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
quote:
In 1969, Polanski's wife, Sharon Tate, was brutally murdered by the Manson gang. You've never experienced something like that, and I hope you never do, but I can imagine something like that isn't easy to get over.

Does this make Polanski a great guy? No. Does it make him right in what he did? No. However, it also doesn't make him an evil person.

He is absolved of the evil because of what happened to his wife, i dont think so......

10000+ posts
10000+ posts
quote:
however, what most disturbs about your perceptions on many an accused, famous individual is that you most always belittle their accusations and/or crimes and/or wrong-doings in favor of playing the devil's advocate. not that you excuse their actions, but you certainly come across as accepting of them.

I accept that Polanski did what he did. I don't accept that those actions should deter me from appreciating his work, or that those actions were severe enough to suggest that everyone should refuse to involve themselves with him in any way. Did he serve substantial time in a federal prison(which, he had reason to be against; he was imprisoned in a Nazi work camp during World War II, which I'm sure you can imagine was a less than fun experience)? No. However, his actions did not go completely unpunished.

quote:
you were so busy denying rumors about kobe's rape charges you never seemed to fully acknowledge the committed act of adultery.
If I didn't acknowledge that, it's only because adultery isn't a criminal activity. However, it also isn't something I support or am in favor of in any way.

quote:
you've defended kurt kobain without ever really sympathyzing with what he left behind.
That's not true at all. I sympathize with his family very much, as I know many families who have gone through similar ordeals. I just also sympathized with Kurt, who clearly had issues.

Conversely, it seemed that you did not sympathize with Kurt whatsoever, despite admitting that you've never contemplated suicide and don't know what that kind of depression feels like(at least, that's what I recall you saying, if you didn't I take it back).

quote:
you're clarifying and making techinical woody allen's actions, without recognizing he's married to a girl who once called him "dad" (and who no longer speaks to her mom, because of him).
No, I recognize that. However, it seems that that's all you seem to recognize.

Is it really wrong to fall in love with somebody who considers you a father figure, when the person is legally an adult? I don't know. I don't think that's really for me to decide. Or you. This wasn't his birth daughter(infact, she was never even his step-daughter, as he never married Mia Farrow), so there's no fear of birth defects if they were to have a child. They have no reason to not be together if they truly love each other, and they seem to. In the end, if you're with the person you love, what should the judgements of the outside world mean to you?

I'm focusing on the big picture. You're focusing on one part of that picture.

quote:
here you are, detailing roman polanski's "did"s and "did not"s, seemingly excluding and evading the fact that he's a convicted criminal that then fled the country as a fugitive.
Again, if I avoid it, it's because it has nothing to do with the topic at hand. I don't think that should affect my opinion of a movie, or piece of art.

quote:
you are allowed to disagree. but put a little less devil in your advocate.
That's the best compliment you've ever given me. Thanks.

quote:
Originally posted by bsams:
He is absolved of the evil because of what happened to his wife, i dont think so......

No, he is absolved of evil because you never had the right to proclaim him as such in the first place.

Rob Offline
cobra kai
15000+ posts
cobra kai
15000+ posts
in regards to polanski, your comments are continually and completely accepting and entirely dismissive. i can't believe you can follow "i accept what he did" with defense of his actions.

a convicted rapist. a convincted pedophile. a fugitive. at what point, and to what extent, do they flash in your mind as "bad things"? lemme ask you this, cap'n quote:

if you shopped at a deli cuz they had the best frickin sammidges in the world, and then found out that the guy who made them was a convicted rapist and pedophile, who, years ago, left his country to avoid jail time... would you still shop at the deli?

what if it was a house-call plumber? or a banker? a gas station employee? a teacher? your daughter's teacher?

and this statement makes me fearful of you:
quote:
Is it really wrong to fall in love with somebody who considers you a father figure

falling in love with someone you not only consider a father figure, but refered to as "father" is unhealthy. the "father" acting on that is wrong.

to not see that is disturbing.

10000+ posts
10000+ posts
quote:
i can't believe you can follow "i accept what he did" with defense of his actions.

When I say "I accept what he did", I mean I accept that he had sex with a 13 year old girl. I don't defend that. At all. It was wrong, and he deserved punishment for it.

quote:
a convicted rapist. a convincted pedophile. a fugitive. at what point, and to what extent, do they flash in your mind as "bad things"?
Immediately. When did I ever say they weren't "bad things"?

quote:
if you shopped at a deli cuz they had the best frickin sammidges in the world, and then found out that the guy who made them was a convicted rapist and pedophile, who, years ago, left his country to avoid jail time... would you still shop at the deli?

what if it was a house-call plumber? or a banker? a gas station employee? a teacher? your daughter's teacher?

No to all examples, though they are bad comparisons. These are personal services, something movie directing does not imply. I wouldn't want to have contact with the guy, quite honestly, and I wouldn't want my family to either. I don't think the man is mentally stable.

At the same time, I'm not going to hold it against his friends and family if they choose to see him. They're his friends and family.

quote:
falling in love with someone you not only consider a father figure, but refered to as "father" is unhealthy. the "father" acting on that is wrong.

to not see that is disturbing.

Now wait. I said quite clearly that I don't agree with it. Don't confuse that fact.

However, I don't think you have a right to say it's right or wrong, just as you don't have the right to say homosexuality is right or wrong, or that Thomas Jefferson having a relationship with one of his female slaves was right or wrong. Perhaps now the notion that these things can be equated seems preposterous to you, but they weren't then. It's bashing an alternative lifestyle, passing judgement on it simply because you don't agree with it.

That's pretty narrow minded. Infact, it's almost bigotry.

Rob Offline
cobra kai
15000+ posts
cobra kai
15000+ posts
quote:
No to all examples, though they are bad comparisons. These are personal services, something movie directing does not imply. I wouldn't want to have contact with the guy, quite honestly, and I wouldn't want my family to either.

"rape" often has a way of being "personal." but, ok, fine. you don't go to the guy's deli anymore. or use that bank. or get gas from his station. you remove the personal factor.

but you're OK if he won major public awards because he had the country's best gas station? or bank? you feel its OK to recognize a teacher for his achievements, despite the fact that he's a wanted criminal, whose crimes include sex with a minor?

quote:
It's bashing an alternative lifestyle, passing judgement on it simply because you don't agree with it. That's pretty narrow minded. Infact, it's almost bigotry.

im actually very bothered by your thoughts on this, annie.

sexual acts shared between a father (figure) and a daughter (figure) is wrong. that should not be up for debate. its not speculation, its not bigotry, its wrong, plain and simple. that says nothing of the fact that soon-yi was so young (at the oldest, 21, when allen's nude photos were found)

what he did showed obvious ramifications in soon-yi's personality. anyone who undergoes something like that is the victim of incomprehensible damage.

even woody knew he was doing something wrong -- hiding the relationship from mia (the mom/girl friend) for years.

how you dont, i can't say.

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
quote:
In 1962, George C. Scott refused to even be nominated for an Academy award, stating that he was in no competition with anyone, and that he thought the entire thing was a joke. He was nominated anyway, for the Hustler, and twice more before he died('71 and '72). In 1971 he won, for Patton, and refused to accept his Oscar.

Marlon Brando refused to accept his Oscar in 1973 for the Godfather, and made a mockery of the entire ceremony by sending an actress pretending to be a Native American women to accept his award and then blast the Academy Awards for not nominating more Native Americans. He was nominated twice again after that.

Stanley Kubrick repeatedly said he didn't give a shit about the Academy Awards, and was nominated more than a dozen times.

Michael Moore won last year, despite being an incredible ass, and was promptly booed off the stage when he demonstrated why.

And yet, a lot of these guys were still very popular when they won. Brando, Kubrick, and Scott are very well known and idolized actors. Their popularities run past their own personal agendas and politics. They each have a cult status surrounding them. That's what gives them votes.

I've actually met people who are Academy voters. They admit that they are usually too damn busy to see half the films that have been nominated. They mark the names of the people who they recognize the most or like without even seeing the films and turn them in.

Polanski was given his Oscar mostly based on the fact that his name is recognizable and not on the finished film itself. His popularity outweighed the artistic merit of his movie.

The fact that the girl forgave him (which is one thing that many shrinks try and get their clients to do) does not excuse Polanski from the fact that he admited his guilt and then fled to keep from having to serve jail time.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
....animalman was the guy in school who sucked up to the most p[opular kids no matter what they did just to ride the coatails...

10000+ posts
10000+ posts
quote:
And yet, a lot of these guys were still very popular when they won. Brando, Kubrick, and Scott are very well known and idolized actors. Their popularities run past their own personal agendas and politics.

They don't become popular for no reason. Their popularities are based on how much fans appreciate their work.

quote:
I've actually met people who are Academy voters. They admit that they are usually too damn busy to see half the films that have been nominated. They mark the names of the people who they recognize the most or like without even seeing the films and turn them in.
Awww....c'mon....you're not going to make me defend the Oscars, are you?

I don't particularly care for the Academy Awards. Sometimes I downright loathe them. However, sometimes I think they get it right, too.

quote:
Polanski was given his Oscar mostly based on the fact that his name is recognizable and not on the finished film itself. His popularity outweighed the artistic merit of his movie.
If that's your opinion, ok. I don't agree with it.

For starters, Martin Scorcese was also nominated for best director. Scorcese is more famous, has produced more over the last decade and a half than Polanski, and, in my opinion, is a better director. I'm sure he's also a bit more popular considering he isn't a fugitive convict.

Oh, and Gangs of New York grossed more than the Pianist did, as it was a more commercialized film.

quote:
The fact that the girl forgave him (which is one thing that many shrinks try and get their clients to do) does not excuse Polanski from the fact that he admited his guilt and then fled to keep from having to serve jail time.
No, it doesn't. He's a criminal.

10000+ posts
10000+ posts
quote:
Originally posted by britneyspearsatemyshorts:
....animalman was the guy in school who sucked up to the most p[opular kids no matter what they did just to ride the coatails...

Actually, a lot of the popular kids hated me. I didn't really have a niche in school, I could hang out with just about anybody, but I mostly kept to myself. I was very disinterested. In everything.

I'm guessing psycho-analyzing isn't your strong suit....

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
quote:
If that's your opinion, ok. I don't agree with it.

For starters, Martin Scorcese was also nominated for best director. Scorcese is more famous, has produced more over the last decade and a half than Polanski, and, in my opinion, is a better director. I'm sure he's also a bit more popular considering he isn't a fugitive convict.

Oh, and Gangs of New York grossed more than the Pianist did, as it was a more commercialized film.

The fact that Academy voters are based in the US and hardly venture outside it's borders for work actually helps Polanski. Many of these people are art directors, grips, technicians, and so forth. Working with big directors in Hollywood tend to sour them on voting for those guys because some directors (many told stories of Oliver Stone) just rub them the wrong way due to personalities, working environments, etc.

Also, it is a bit en vouge to give the kudos to people like Polanski and Kubrick who sit off to the side for years and only do the occasional film.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
quote:
I didn't really have a niche in school, I could hang out with just about anybody

ah so you sucked up to everyone....

10000+ posts
10000+ posts
quote:
The fact that Academy voters are based in the US and hardly venture outside it's borders for work actually helps Polanski. Many of these people are art directors, grips, technicians, and so forth. Working with big directors in Hollywood tend to sour them on voting for those guys because some directors (many told stories of Oliver Stone) just rub them the wrong way due to personalities, working environments, etc.

Also, it is a bit en vouge to give the kudos to people like Polanski and Kubrick who sit off to the side for years and only do the occasional film.

Perhaps. The reputation of the director and the type of film certainly does come into play. Voters don't want to pick something overly commercialized, they want to pick the more arthouse-y film, as sort of a self-pat on the back.

10000+ posts
10000+ posts
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by THE Franta:

Harrison Ford is Roman Polanski's friend. I doubt he thinks what Polanski did was right. As Kristo said, the girl has said that Roman should be forgiven, and that she doesn't blame or hold anything against him. As you said, often pedophiles are victims themselves. In 1969, Polanski's wife, Sharon Tate, was brutally murdered by the Manson gang. You've never experienced something like that, and I hope you never do, but I can imagine something like that isn't easy to get over.

Does this make Polanski a great guy? No. Does it make him right in what he did? No. However, it also doesn't make him an evil person. He didn't kill or maim anybody, the victim has forgiven him and it's been 30 years. Again, I'm not saying this makes it right, but I don't think it's fair to say that the guy is a horrible human being and that everyone should refuse to come in contact with him or work with him in any capacity.

As for Bush, I find it very strange that you automatically assume that celebrities like Kobe Bryant are guilty of whatever crimes they are accused of(and some that are simply implied or insinuated)....yet you have no doubt that George Bush is completely innocent in his actions. Where's the consistency there?

I tell you what if any of my friends gets a 13 y/o drunk and rapes her...hes NO friend of mine... and I wouldnt want to be associated with him despite his "alleged" brilliance.
I never said that I agreed with Bush just that it was ironic that the same egos tsk tsking Bush support a pedofile.

And as bsams says your past doesnt give you the right to abuse a child.

If he really is sorry and regrets what he did and the victim forgave him (without money changing hands) then why didnt he face the music inn a court of law?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard