Quote:

Animalman said:
Quote:

Dave the Wonder Boy said:

Osama Bin Ladin and his followers aren't in any way religiously similar to Hitler.
Islam isn't a manipulative political tool for Al Qaida, they passionately believe they are acting based on the Quran, and are eagerly willing to kill or suicide-bomb in the name of those Quran verses.

Well, firstly, Hitler was just one of several I listed, but for sake of argument, we can focus on him.

I don't think that just because they(Bin Laden and followers) passionately believe they're doing what's right doesn't mean it still isn't a political tool. I imagine Hitler probably thought what he was doing was right (even if he didn't follow his own preachings to quite the extent they were often taken), otherwise, he wouldn't have committed the atrocities he did.

On the contrary, Hitler committed the atrocities he did because he could.

He wiped out his political opposition, simply to maintain power. The rest was impassioned but ultimately empty smokescreen rhetoric, to rationalize his actions to the public, to play to their beliefs, NOT his. This is equally true of his Christian rhetoric. And actions speak louder than words, he sent thousands of Christians to concentration camps.
I recently saw an excellent movie, The Hiding Place about a Christian who survived the camps, and saw many other Christians die.

Far from preserving the Aryan race, Hitler believed that if the Nazis lost the war, all the brightest and best of the German people would have died on the battlefield, and the rest deserved to die as a race.
And the German people would have too, if not for the massive importing of food and supplies by the Allied occupiers of Germany, because Hitler had so thoroughly ordered the destruction of the food, water and infrastructure in German cities in the path of the advancing Allied forces.
Hitler's own attempted Wagnerian Gotterdammerung on his own people.

Hitler's Christian rhetoric is more vaguely in the vein of "God blesses our Cause" and lacks any scriptural basis. As PJP said above, it was a tool, and as evidenced by the thousands of Christians he imprisoned, his deeds speak much louder than his words.

Quote:

Animalman said:
Quote:

Again, a Washington Post article said that between 30 to 50% of every Muslim nation is boycotting U.S. goods

Even if that is true, how does that show Islam is a violent religion? Boycotting is hardly a violent act.

Boycotting, in this case, is an endorsement of the violence of other Muslims. Especially in connection to the grass roots fundraising for Muslim terrorist groups that is done worldwide.

The Quran teaches violence (see my above quoted verses).
The Imams and Ayatollahs teach violence.
The terrorist groups practice violence.
And the Muslims in the streets cheer this violence, and are complicit in funding and other support in enabling this violence and eagerly supporting it.

And their boycotting is another way of endorsing that violence.

Quote:

Animalman said:
Quote:

and as many have Osama Bin Ladin screen savers, and other posters and calanders glamorizing the al Qaida destruction of 9-11.

.....how exactly do they know this?

The same way they confirm any other facts in their stories. By interviewing Muslims in the street, and seeing the calanders and screen savers sold, and people interviewed who are shown using them.

I've seen the 9-11 and Osama Bin Ladin calanders and screen savers shown on 60 Minutes and 20/20 as well.
In the early days of Rob's DEEP THOUGHTS boards, someone posted those calander images right here on these boards.

Quote:

Animalman said:
Quote:

Again, as said earlier, when violence of the IRA or [ on ] an abortion clinic occurs, Christians worldwide groan with embarrassment. Whereas violence in the name of Allah (9-11, suicide bombings) sends Muslims in the streets cheering with jubilant approval.

I have to respectfully disagree here. Abortion clinic violence is fairly common here(it's not unusual to hear a report every month or so, sometimes every few weeks), but that's neither here nor there. I don't think either party looks on the violent acts done in their respective religion's name as, in any way, justified.

I don't see that abortion clinic bombing is all that common. Certainly not once a month, more like once a year. There was ONE guy who bombed like two clinics a few years ago, during the Olympics in Atlanta. And that was a big deal. And another guy who shot and killed an abortion clinic doctor, who was recently executed. In the last three years, I've yet to see other anti-abortion violence.
And regardless, those actions are overwhelmingly condemned by the Christian community.

Regarding Muslims' "not looking favorably" on Muslim terrorism "as justified", you've got to be kidding.

You obviously haven't seen Palestinians, Syrians, Egyptians, Kuwaitis, Saudis, or even American Muslims interviewed. I again reference the story "Young, American and Muslim" from 60 Minutes. Where a teenage American-born and raised Muslim girl from the New York/New Jersey area, educated in a Muslim-American school, went on national television and said that suicide bombers go to heaven, because they die fighting for Allah. And she then said "Like, if I were tobe a suicide bomber and blow up an American military base, I would go to Heaven."
Again, making me question the wisdom of allowing ANY fundamentalist Muslims to stay in this country.

And the most memorable for me, tens of thousands of Palestinians cheering in the streets on 9-11 like they'd just won the World Cup. This was more painful, and left me more enraged than 9-11 itself.

In another report, I saw an interview of two Egyptian girls at a University in Cairo, who said they wished they could go to Palestine and join "the Cause" as suicide bombers.

All say that the Quran states that if they die martyring themselves for Allah, murdering others as suicide bombers, they are assured a place in Heaven.