Quote:

Matter-eater Man said:
I still buy some comics these days, but it's mostly out of habit. Maybe I'm just pass that age where I need them so much. And it's an expensive habit. To an extent I count myself lucky that many of the characters I liked did grow with me. That helped me stay in the game longer. The Legion somehow managed to stay around my age. The Teen Titans became the New Teen Titans then just Titans. They grew & evolved. I could never imagine not reading the Titans as a kid. Of course now it's a bit in reverse. Reading about a kid's group just doesn't hold my interest. Nor do I think I should be the target audience anymore, I'm just too old. At some point it became a nostalgia thing for me I think. And in that respect I'm lucky there too, as the big 2 have been reprinting stuff in high quality hardcover's. To be honest I'm a bit jealous of you folk that can still buy titles & truly enjoy them. It's something I've seem to have lost or broke.

Most of my money is spent on OGNs, Masterworks, Archives, and statues. I buy less than 10 monthly titles these days. I do find myself picking up books, but generally never stay with a new title or new creator run more than 2 issues. That said, I find myself liking books targeted for kids as much as i like books targeted for adults. I can find enjoyment in both as long as they aren't dumbed down or padded for the TPB.