Dave :

I like the Batman : The Animated Series that aired
from 1992 - 1995. That was fantastic! If Batman in the
comic books could be like THAT - a compromise between the 60's Friendly Batman and the 21 st century
Schiziod Man Batman, I'd love it.

He doesn't need to be a Pyscho, just pretty damned determined would suffice..as he is in the current Justice League cartoon on Cartoon Network.

I loved reading the old JLA - JSA crossovers when I was a kid....

The characterizations back then - in Marvel and DC -
were great. The stories had a simple formula :
Heroes has problems that are both ongoing - part and parcel of who he/she is - And then the hero had problems
caused by a supervillian. ( s )

The hero had to defeat the villian, which often was quite
difficult - and often quite interesting.

And the hero had to cope with his or her own unique
set of personal problems. This struggle was not as cut and dry as simply defeating the villian - but if done well, it made for an interesting, NON - one dimensional personality.

Nowadays it seems we have to deal with stories/ Heroes/Villians that are WAY over the top.

Gone are the friendly baseball games, barbecues, and get togethers at Xaviers' School For gifted children...
Scenes I loved to see in the early 80's X Men comics -
Which have been replaced with Story of eternal anger,
angst, and Darkness.

For Those who enjoy this new era in comics, I won't tell you not to...... But for me, it just isn't my proverbial cup of tea. If you are not a Tea drinker, then INSERT BEVERAGE HERE.

My enterianment Center Display areas - those top three shelves with glass doors and lights in them - are where my Super Hero, historical, science fiction, and other various figures are on display. There are over a dozen DC Direct Silver age Legion figures, the Fantastic Four, Avengers, X Men, Star Wars, Star Trek, Babylon 5, Farscape, Lost In Space, Doctor Who and Justice League figures. And much more. They proclaim both my
fondness for things I grew up with and things in life before I turned 30, with a very few newer things mixed in.

I still listen to the music of the 60's, too, though I also like
groups like STP, Nirvana, Alice In Chains, Soundgarden,
Megadeth, Monster Magnet, Sister Double Happieness,
Rob Zombie, etc....

All in all, it's a matter of taste. And personal preference.
Nothing to argue about, but something to cherish.

There still is good in the world..you just have to look
for it.

"I offer you a Vulcan prayer, Mr Suder. May your

death bring you the peace you never found in

life." - Tuvok.