Damn, it seems that this is really the final season from the way it ended

spoilers
spoilers
spoilers

I presumed the new episodes in the UK stopped because of the School Holidays and the goddamned Pokemon marathon all week [ ], so I missed most of the Darkseid invasion episode

The last ep. ended with Luthor and the Legion of Doom members who stayed loyal to him [Grodd free'd, mutiny insighted] turning up at the JL Embassy and Luthor telling The League "We have problem."

Caught the last few minutes of the proceeding episode. Seems Darkseid was really pummelling Superman with the power of Brainiac running through him. Then Luthor walked up to Darkseid, spat out some words. Darkseid took it as some kind of challenge and spat out his usual "Bah", "Infidel", "Whelp", stuff. Then Luthor revealed he had the anti-life equation, shook hands with Darkseid with it in his hand, some kind of sand-storm hit, and they were both gone, with Superman presuming they are both dead for some strange reason [doesn't he ever learn?]

Then comes what seems to be a definitive ending, even though Timm has said he's done every season as if it were his last. The League plan to jail the Legion of Doom members who helped them out during the fight [all the ones who followed Grodd should be dead in space], to which Atomic Skull complains and says they helped save the Planet. Batman reconsiders and says

Batman: "Your right........5 minute head-start"
Atomic Skull: "What?...."
Wonder Woman: "4 minutes 50 seconds"

Superman says something about Bruce getting soft in his old age, then some cheesey music is played as most of the JLU members are seen running down the embassy steps 2 at a time, followed by Supes, Bats and WW together

Ending credits are random pics of different JLU members, not a preview of the next episode

Oh, and Giganta, the former Gorilla given a make-over by Grodd, kisses Flash

"Now TV's all about format these days isn't it, and I've got a new type for you right here. Its me and Paris Hilton driving around in a car.... Now I know what you're thinking, but she's in the boot!" "So you see, 'Ring around the Rosey' refers to the horrible symptoms of a terrifying disease, a disease which.....a disease which....ZIM! Theres a Pigeon on you're head. You have 'Head Pigeons'. get to the Nurse before they spread to the other children." "Get off my lawn Cookie Beast!" --Invader Zim