That's why you should write two endings to the match.

Here's a great example (not to toot my own horn or anything ).

This is the alternate ending I wrote to my match in case Meeko and I lost. You can see where it would have gone:

Monroe: "High Holy Howe! This match is OVER!"

PenWing goes for the pin as the ref counts.

Crowd: "ONE! TWO!"

James Fantastic pulls the ref out of the ring and quickly enters himself. As PenWing gets to his feet, James fantastic nails him with the brass knuckes.

Marcum: "Fantastic! I told you PenWing was a knuckle head!"

Fantastic then delivers a classy kick to Meeko, followed by a Fantastic Flip to PenWing. Finally, he pulls Tommy over PenWing, as Nuriko and Grace drag the ref back into the ring for the count.

Marcum: "One! Two! Three! NOW this match is over!"

Monroe: "Only because they cheated! PenWing had the match won! Fantastic had no business stepping into that ring!"

Marcum: "Did it occur to you that that's why he's called Fantasitc! The man is just, well, Fantastic! And he's a member of the Bastardo Family! There is no way anything can go wrong at the rumble with Fantastic around!"

PenWing, Sammitch, Sneaky Bunny, and Meeko collect themselves outside the ring as the Bastardo Family celebrates it's victory.

Then it would have cut to the screen with exactly the same ending to the show.

And the reason I had Fanastic run in with the brass knuckles is because I am not a fan of anyone kicking out of finishers. And I gave Tommy a double finisher, so he was out.

<sub>Will Eisner's last work - The Plot: The Secret Story of the Protocols of the Elders of Zion
RDCW Profile

"Well, as it happens, I wrote the damned SOP," Illescue half snarled, "and as of now, you can bar those jackals from any part of this facility until Hell's a hockey rink! Is that perfectly clear?!" - Dr. Franz Illescue - Honor Harrington: At All Costs

"I don't know what I'm do, or how I do, I just do." - Alexander Ovechkin</sub>