Daily News

Sen. Hillary Clinton won't come alone to this weekend's Alabama showdown with Barack Obama for black votes: Show-stealing husband Bill Clinton is riding to her aid.

the former President will be inducted into the Voting Rights Hall of Fame, possibly stealing more of Obama's thunder.

The former President "is a tremendous piece of political artillery for Sen. Clinton," said veteran Democratic consultant Hank Sheinkopf. "Alabama is not just about Alabama - it's about African-American voting patterns in the South."

"There is no condition under which Bill Clinton would not be received with round applause by African-Americans in this country," Sheinkopf added. "It's a very good use of him."

Let me ask a question: a lot of people think of Hillary as some sort of "feminist icon." However, it is a really a good example of feminism, of female independence, to have to enlist your husband to get every job you've had, or hope to have, over the space of twenty or so years?

Oh, and don't waste our time saying "yeah, but George Bush's daddy, blah, blah..." I'm not asking about nepotism. I'm asking about feminism and whether Hillary is a good example of it.