Quote:

the G-man said:
Quote:

Darknight613 said:
It sounds to me like this is personal politics talking.

The same list (assuming you can get the link to work) also "dissed" George W. Bush, so I don't think you can blame the criticism of Moore on "personal politics."

Did I not mention that I wasn't able to access the list and see it for myself?

Quote:

Politics aside, the minute that Moore announced a sequel to "F-911" I suspect he pretty much lost a hell of a lot of cred as a "serious" filmmaker, even among his industry supporters.

Reason: Again, politics aside, Moore had portrayed his movie as a legitimate attempt to change the world through film. Obviously, it didn't work (Bush got re-elected), but he made himself a whole lot of money in the process.

By announcing a sequel to a documentary that (a) didn't accomplish what it set out to do; and (b) when the subject of the doc can't be re-elected President again anyway, Moore looks less like a guy who wants to change the world with his films and more like a guy who found a marketable brand name for a film series and is going to ride it into the ground for big bucks, quality be damned.

Basically, he looks like the George Lucas of documentary filmmakers.

You mean he was actually serious about a sequel to "Fahrenheit?"

I thought he was just kidding.

Okay then, that's a fair point.

"Well when I talk to people I don't have to worry about spelling." - wannabuyamonkey "If Schumacher’s last effort was the final nail in the coffin then Year One would’ve been the crazy guy who stormed the graveyard, dug up the coffin and put a bullet through the franchise’s corpse just to make sure." -- From a review of Darren Aronofsky & Frank Miller's "Batman: Year One" script