Quote:
allan1 said:
I liked this story I think Byrne did it for a DC Holiday book.The story was called Silent Night I believe,with Enemy Ace. No words, but a touching story that always stuck in my memory.

Yeah, from CHRISTMAS WITH THE SUPERHEROES # 2 (1989). This issue has a thick collection all-new stories, by:

• Chadwick,
    Gibbons/Morrow,
    Shanower,
    Messner-Loebs/Doran/Templeton,
    Brennert/Giordano,

and the captionless Byrne story you mention.

The first issue (from Christmas 1988) has all reprinted stories, from the 70's mostly, with a nice Byrne cover, and a nostalgic editorial by Mark Waid.

Included in this 80-page issue are:

• Batman, "Wanted:Santa Claus, Dead or Alive" by O'Neil, Miller and Mitchell (from DC SPECIAL SERIES 21, 1979)

Justice League, "The Man Who Murdered Santa Claus" by Wein, Dillin and Giordano (from JLA 110, 1973)

Teen Titans, "The TT's Swingin' Christmas Carol" by Bob Haney and Nick Cardy (from TEEN TITANS 13)

Legion, "Star Light, Star Bright" by Levitz and Garcia-Lopez (also from DC SPECIAL SERIES 21, 1979)

Superman, "Twas the Fright Before Christmas" by Wein/Bridwell, Curt Swan and Murphy Anderson (from DC COMICS PRESENTS 67, 1983)

and

Batman, "Silent Night, Deadly Night" by Mike Friedrich, Neal Adams and Dick Giordano (from BATMAN 219, 1969)