quote:
Originally posted by Brian A. Ortiz:
(Before my reply: Welcome back, Kenya.)

Complaining may be fun, but not when other people are complaining for you and directing said complaints to you.

Regardless, I've been working around it. Almost everyone thinks I've snapped, but I'm okay with not ever having a girlfriend. Seriously, if I were to abandon the idea of a significant other at this very moment, what would I really be leaving behind? It would be a case of "Goodbye, personal romantic indulgences. Thanks for the six kisses." What's the point in stressing over it?

I'll stick to giving romantic advice every so often (for some peculiar reason, my advice works for other people but not for myself), tending to the work related areas of my life (which I'll get back to after my lunch break), weightlifting, martial arts, poetry, cooking and the other activities on my "things to learn" list. That way, I'll be making constructive use of my time and not be distracted by the possibile reasons why that "special someone" continues to elude me.

Long story short, it's my life and if I have to live it in solitude (as far as bf/gf relationships are concerned), I have no qualms with that.

Okay, I'm going to stop now, as this is developing into a full-blown rant.

If my experience has taught me anything, it's a lot easier to get a girl when you're not looking for one.

Good luck man.