Quote:

PaulWellr said:
Am I the only person who fails to understand why conservatives see liberal majorities in Universities as vindication of their allegations of some anti-conservative bias? After all, all this show is that some of the best-educated, most-informed people America overwhelmingly reject the GOP. Why is this seen as an indictment of academia, rather than as an indictment of the Republican Party?

Well, consider who posted the story in the first place. G-Man's undeniably a nice guy, a good poster, and by all indications, a good guy. But he's Conservative. So naturally, G-Man will go for things that support the Conservative. IMHO, it's natural for him to view this as an indictment of academia rather than of the Conservative Party. And, as I've discovered, the majority of posters in this forum are of a more Conservative poltiical stance.

Now, in no way do I support a Liberal prof failing a Conservative student on an assignment in which the student completely and scholarly supported his thesis. That's bad pedagogy and should be brought to the University's attention.

I also do not feel it's a problem that Universities in general are havens for Liberalism. As I've said, this has LONG been the case. I think it's also the general case that educated people (people with advanced degrees) tend to be Liberal. And Universities are full of educated people LOL.

We all wear a green carnation.