Quote:

the G-man said:
The ACTA findings are striking. Of 658 students polled at the top 50 US colleges, 49 percent said professors "frequently comment on politics in class even though it has nothing to do with the course," 48 percent said some "presentations on political issues seem totally one-sided," and 46 percent said that "professors use the classroom to present their personal political views."

All the stats fall under 50%. That means more don't than do.

What these stats don't address is HOW OFTEN do professors use the classroom to present personal political views. They also do not address the extent to which these professors use the presentation of these personal political views in any way that pertains to actual coursework and grading (do you want a robot professor who reveals nothing of himself or herself to students?).

If students feel these presentations of personal politics "seem" totally one-sided...so? You saying the student's the prof's equal when it comes to knowledge of the material? Gee, I thought the profs have Ph. D.s and the students have high school diplomas. I didn't realize we're to treat students as being intellectually equal to their professors.

If I looked at the American Medical Association and found that over half were Conservative, does this mean that States should pull the licenses of doctors in order to balance things out ideologically?

We all wear a green carnation.