Quote:

Animalman said:
Urbina and prospects for Mike Cameron is an example of what I've heard, since the Tigers are quickly becoming put out with Alex Sanchez, just as the Brewers were when they traded him, and the Mets have been shopping Cameron in the wake of the Carlos Beltran signing.

The problem with Cameron is that he hits for power, and that's a nono in Comerica Park. He may be good for 30 homeruns anywhere else, but if comes to Detroit, he's looking at half that, if he's lucky. He may do something stupid like adjust his swing and get himself messed up everywhere else, too. If he was closer to a .300 hitter, then it would be worth it, but he hits in the mid .200, and the Tigers already have enough of those.

Quote:

Animalman said:
The list might not be as long as you think. Maroth's a back end of the rotation starter on most teams, German's star is a lot less bright than it was in 2002(though I do think there would be teams willing to take a chance on his enormous potential), and White is 33, injury-prone, and has regressed in just about every aspect of his game.

Unfortunately, the Tigers don't have a strong farm system, either.

No they don't, but it's slowly looking up. The previous GM (I will not mention him by name) destroyed the organization. Still, Dombrowski drafted some good pitchers in Kyle Sleeth and Justin Verlander.

Quote:

Animalman said:
Granderson was always seen a tweener prospect(not enough power for the corner outfield, not enough speed for center), so his position is unclear at this time. I think the Tigers would definitely benefit from having a speedy centerfielder, given the number of flyball pitchers they have.

The reason everyone is so high on Granderson is that he has a great head for the game. He was a corner outfielder who was converted to center field because of his ability to anticipate where the ball will be. He may not be fast, but he's smart. Same thing with his base running. He's been learning to notice the little things, like when a pitcher has a high kick. Things that Snachez doesn't seem to pay attention to. And he hits for average, not power, so he's all about getting on base. His smarts and hitting ability could land him the lead off spot in the line up next season. Time will tell.

Quote:

Animalman said:
I like Inge, but hustle or no hustle, the .793 OPS he had last year simply is not good for a third baseman, and that was far and away his best season.

The thing is, if the Tigers can find the offense elsewhere (which they just might have), then as long as Inge can match last season's stats and play strong, error free defense, he's exactly what the Tigers need. I am hoping that Dean Palmer still has something left to make the team, because he would be a great tutor to Inge on how to play third.

<sub>Will Eisner's last work - The Plot: The Secret Story of the Protocols of the Elders of Zion
RDCW Profile

"Well, as it happens, I wrote the damned SOP," Illescue half snarled, "and as of now, you can bar those jackals from any part of this facility until Hell's a hockey rink! Is that perfectly clear?!" - Dr. Franz Illescue - Honor Harrington: At All Costs

"I don't know what I'm do, or how I do, I just do." - Alexander Ovechkin</sub>