Quote:

Prometheus said:

Doctor Who is a UK series about an alien time traveler and the normal humans who take fantastic trips into the unknown with him. The crux of the series is the time traveler is a complete mystery to his closest of companions. Known only as "The Doctor", he is a renegade (criminal?) of his own people, and, quite possibly, the last of his race.

For reasons that remain untold, he went on the run from his home planet centuries ago, stealing a faulty time machine in the process. The "TARDIS" (Time And Relative Dimension In Space) can travel anywhere and any time. In the pilot episode of the series (Novemeber 23, 1963) he landed in 1960's England, where its chameleon/cloaking mechanism left the ship looking like an old Police Box (a British phone booth for law enforcement before the advent of CB's). Subsequently, he has never been able to repair it.

Two things to be known about the TARDIS:

-It is bigger on the inside than the out. Folded dimensions, and the like.

-It is, in comparison to the technology of the Doctor's race, a relic. It was under repair for faulty systems when he stole and ran away. Thus, he has a hard time controlling where it takes him.

The Doctor
(a breakdown)

-The Doctor's race are referred to as Time Lords. They are the only race known in the universe that have ever acheived time travel technology.

-The Doctor has an I.Q. of, like, 2017.

-The Doctor has two hearts.

-When near death, the Doctor's species has an ability called "regeneration". Essentially, his body breaks down to the molecular level, repairs itself, and slaps back together in under a few seconds. The only problem is, there is no blueprint for the physical appearance. Thus, everytime he regenerates, his physical appearance can change completely. Time Lord's can only do this twelve times, and then, it really is death.

The Doctor has regenerated nine times so far...

The current 2005 series, Season One, has just finished airing in the UK, starring Christopher Eccleston as the 9th Doctor. Bowing out in the finale, the 9th Doctor regenerated into his new incarnation...

David Tennant as the 10th Doctor

This page is for me to geek out for everyone.....and to answer any questions about the show.

Please discuss.

I LOVE YOU

YOU PUT SOUP IN IT!