Quote:

harleykwin said:
Dude, c'mon, who doesn't know what that means?

Was that my point, dear?

Quote:

Ok, I just added Dr. Who: Season 1 to my netflix list. I figure, 34 pages of you guys wanking to how good this is, it has to be a decent series. Thing is, I get the feeling that there were episodes to this series that existed prior to the season 1 that is out now. Am I right? And do I need to know about the earlier stuff to get the new Dr. Who stuff? You prolly have answered this somewhere in this thread, but I can't be arsed to actually read 34 pages of this.

It started in 1963.

When near death, the Doctor can "regenerate" his body. Breaks down at the molecular level, repairs itself, and snaps back together again. However, there's no "blueprint" for the physical appearance, so, everytime he does this, it alters his physical appearance and scrambled his grey matter. Different body, different mindset. Same guy. He can only do this twelve times, then, he will really die.

In 43 years, he's regenerated nine times. Thus, nine different actors have played him.

You don't have to know a single thing about the show if you're just starting with the 2005 season ("Season One/Season Forty-Two").

If you want to glimpse all the Doctors, or, a brief synopsis of the history, go to the first post on page 1 of this thread.

I think you'll dig it. It's a fun show. Lots of imagination and silly wit. Hope you enjoy...