Quote:

Prometheus said:
Quote:

thedoctor said:
But I don't like the whole concept of trying to equate magic with science. Never have. Never will.

And this is exactly the line where you and I will always differ. Not only do I like equating magic to science, I downright demand it. Otherwise, it's just a bunch of hocus-pocus, goblins, and vampire drivel. But, to each their own.

Yes, because all the shit the Doctor's been doing the past season wasn't just a bunch of hocus-pocus, aliens, and drivel. Especially with the help of his magic wand.... oops.... I meant Sonic Screwdriver. (And I was happy for just a bit when he destroyed it in the season premier. Too bad they gave him another one at the end of the ep.) You can masquerade science as magic; but when you make both the same thing, it just becomes fucking retarded. As long as it doesn't become too deus ex machina, it's fine. Leave it be and use some imagination.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."