Quote:

Prometheus said:
Quote:

rex said:
Quote:

What made it so confusing? I thought it was pretty open for any and all newbies.

This is the one episode I didn't watch until after the season ended and the only reason I understood it better was because I had seen later episodes and everyone here explaining the whole Dalek thing to me. Not explaining the Daleks better was my biggest problem with season one.

Hmmm...I guess I can kind of see that. I imagine going into it with pre-knowledge of them sort of filled in the gaps, and I didn't notice there being anything confusing. Still, it was merely set up to be: Unstoppable bad guy Doctor has met before. They set it up like that, and didn't download a lot of info, because they didn't want to confuse newbies. Heh. Interesting how TPTB in media never quite pick up on the above-average intelligence of their viewers...

I think the concept of the Dalek was just a little foreign to begin with. Which is odd now that I think about it, because they are kind of like the Borg? Just fueled with a desire to kill living things, right? And both are kind of hypocritical for being organic beings themselves masquarading as robots. But I suppose the Borg are into the whole 'join us' thing and the Darleks are just like 'die motherfuckers'.

Maybe that's not a good example...

And assuming I'm not totally wiped out tonight (almost went to the ER at four this morning) I'll watch the next disc.

"You're either lying or stupid."
"I'm stupid! I'm stupid!"
Megatron and Starscream