Quote:

Prometheus said:
Quote:

Cowgirl Jack said:
I think the concept of the Dalek was just a little foreign to begin with. Which is odd now that I think about it, because they are kind of like the Borg? Just fueled with a desire to kill living things, right? And both are kind of hypocritical for being organic beings themselves masquarading as robots. But I suppose the Borg are into the whole 'join us' thing and the Darleks are just like 'die motherfuckers'.

Actually, the Cybermen (the robot head you saw in the case) are very much the inspiration for The Borg; cybernetic beings who want to remake all life-forms in their image.

Aye. Cybermen were turning people into robots 20 years before the Borg.

Quote:

Cowgirl Jack said:
I think the concept of the Dalek was just a little foreign to begin with. Which is odd now that I think about it, because they are kind of like the Borg? Just fueled with a desire to kill living things, right? And both are kind of hypocritical for being organic beings themselves masquarading as robots. But I suppose the Borg are into the whole 'join us' thing and the Darleks are just like 'die motherfuckers'.

Maybe that's not a good example...

The Daleks are Nazis. Plain and simple. Torrent Doctor Who: Genesis of the Daleks, and you'll see why. They are uber xenophobes. It's because of their being genetic engineered and using the mechanical bodies that they are superior. No other life form comes close to their perfection, so all life forms must die.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."