Ah, see, this might've been the worst news of the night, 'cept I spent my evening at NYU Med with my sister who was brought in unconscious. She's ok now, thank G-d, and drugged up to the nines and sleeping at my place tonight, so it all good, but there is a cute Yanks/Sox story that happened in the middle of this nightmare that y'all might appreciate, so here it is...

So, like I said, lil sis had a rough night and was rushed to the ER with her boyfriend, Joe, in tow. While she is being hooked up to machines and an oxygen tank Joe and I are trying not to freak out in the ER waiting room. Flash forward 4 hours later. In between waiting and going back to talk to her doctor for all those hours I have been talking to this sweet college kid also waiting for someone. Returning from a trip from lil sis's bedside when she was starting to recover - around 10 ish - I turn to Joe and say, "Give me some good news - tell me the Yankee score." He checks his blackberry and looks up at me and says, "Are you sure you want to know?" He hands me the blackberry and I actually yell, "Jesus Christ! 17-1?!?!" To which little college boy (who had NO Boston accent - he actually uses the letter "r") says, "YES!" I turn to look at him and say incredulously:

"You're a Red Sox fan?!"
LCB: "I grew up in Boston."
Me: (pause) "Just when I was starting to like you."

I don't know if it was my tone, the way I said it or the look of horror on my face, but he starts laughing, I start laughing and we both cannot stop. We lean into each other cracking up and it was the only point of levity in the entire night. When my sister was finally discharged LCB and I hugged and wished each other luck.

So, that makes this twice in one week I've hugged a Sox fan...but I was under a lot of stress!

Dear, sweet Harley Kwink...I'm madly in love with you. Marry me! We can go to Canadia. Or Boston or something. It'll be grand...You know the cookies are a given. They are ALWAYS a given. You could dump me tomorrow and you'd still get the cookies. Boston..shit, wherever dyke weddings were legalized. And where better to rub their little piggie noses in how bad they suck than right on their doorstep? What are they gonna do? Be jealous of you? Stare furiously at your tah-tahs? Not willingly give you cookies, but instead begrudgingly give you their cookies? Woman, time to wake up to the powers you wield - Uschi