Quote:

A couple of weeks ago, I go to the local bar for the weekly tradition of karaoke night. Wasn't expecting much except to sing and get plastered. Imagine my surprise when I run into an old flame (a anachronistic term, I know, but I honestly don't know what else to call her) who I hadn't seen for a couple of years. Anyway, we wound up spending the whole evening together (she's a great singer, btw). She's just moved back to the area, and she's getting a divorce from her husband, so she's single, and apparently she's interested in me (several objective third parties more attuned to the ways of women have informed me of such). Now, I don't put much stock in miracles, but there's a small part or me that wants to believe that God (or Yahweh, Buddha, Allah, or Uncle Pete) has decided to look down on me and bless me with a second chance at The Girl Who Got Away. I'm not getting my hopes up too high (hell, it didn't work out ideally first time around), but we're both different people now, and it is the time of your for miracles, isn't it?