Quote:

Nowhereman said:
In fact from my memories of those years,unemployment hit a record high,something which has not been achieved since.
The Thatcher years were great for the upper classes & money men,but for the working class it was a nightmare.

I would like to know what this great revolution was that that article talks about.

According to what I've read, while unemployment was high in her first term, during her second term the economy improved:

The economy continued to improve during the 1983-87 Parliament and the policy of economic liberalisation was extended. The government began to pursue a policy of selling state assets, which in total had amounted to more than 20 per cent of the economy when the Conservatives came to power in 1979. The British privatisations of the 1980s were the first of their kind and proved influential across the world.

Where possible, sale of state assets took place through offering shares to the public, with generous terms for small investors. The Thatcher Governments presided over a great increase in the number of people saving through the stock market. They also encouraged people to buy their own homes and to make private pension provision, policies which over time have greatly increased the personal wealth of the British population.

In fact, by 1987-88 the economy was "booming".