Quote:

Pig Iron said:
First, Privacy is every Americans' right. This is the same as illegal search and seizure (sp?).

Second, Until you do something about a wide open border nothing in any new law makes any difference.

Third, we all know this goes on anyway--with or without permission and warrants, and always has. Warrants are only necessary if you want to take someone to court and build a case.

Fourth, Bush is not an idiot..he is a calculating manipulator that plays the idiot--and very well.

Fifth, Agents checking on someone reading a book is rather silly, in context, to the actual threats facing the US if terorists really wanted to go into action.

sixth, this is becoming fascism..democrat and rebublican..the dems are the pc police and the reps are the terrorist police.

eighth, if you actually tighten airport security and watch the borders more closely you don't need all this bs....Americans police themselves pretty well...

and ten..G-Man and anyone else if you honestly don't see a problem with any of this..then you are blind and misguided and party puppets..just like many of my liberal counterparts...

(I couldn't decide which of these graemlins this post deserved the most, so I put them all)

"Well when I talk to people I don't have to worry about spelling." - wannabuyamonkey "If Schumacher’s last effort was the final nail in the coffin then Year One would’ve been the crazy guy who stormed the graveyard, dug up the coffin and put a bullet through the franchise’s corpse just to make sure." -- From a review of Darren Aronofsky & Frank Miller's "Batman: Year One" script