Quote:

Prometheus said:
I have to disagree with this "Assholes came first" mentality/platform. It's illogical and ill-suited for a message board that wishes to avoid stagnation, inbreeding, and finally, obscurity.

This is where I fundamentally disagree with your rant. I'm more interested in making this place attractive for guys like BATTY, rufusTfirefly and Drzsmith than attracting new posters here. Does that drive people away? I don't really care much... however, history says otherwise. Dozens (including yourself) were attracted to OPPT because it was the only "free" corner of the DCMBs. Dozens were attracted to The Manor because it was the only "free" forum Athanon (and many remain with us to this day). Dozens were attracted here, after this place was a ghost town, when Franta and the guys took over. And so on, and so on.

I don't wanna be part of the sort of community that intentionally wants to become attractive to new users, like it's some sort of Mall or something. I was treated like shit when I first stumbled into OPPT, and here I am. What's the point of having a message board if it's gonna be like every other message board out there?