Print Thread
Page 3 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 18 19
The Once, and Future Cunt
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Quote:

MisterJLA said:
Yeah, Random Chat is NOT a dumping ground for Deep Thoughts. It's a magical board where UJ reigns supreme!

I try.

Quote:

Im Not Mister Mxypltk said:
Quote:

Prometheus said:
I have to disagree with this "Assholes came first" mentality/platform. It's illogical and ill-suited for a message board that wishes to avoid stagnation, inbreeding, and finally, obscurity.

This is where I fundamentally disagree with your rant. I'm more interested in making this place attractive for guys like BATTY, rufusTfirefly and Drzsmith than attracting new posters here. Does that drive people away? I don't really care much... however, history says otherwise. Dozens (including yourself) were attracted to OPPT because it was the only "free" corner of the DCMBs. Dozens were attracted to The Manor because it was the only "free" forum Athanon (and many remain with us to this day). Dozens were attracted here, after this place was a ghost town, when Franta and the guys took over. And so on, and so on.

I don't wanna be part of the sort of community that intentionally wants to become attractive to new users, like it's some sort of Mall or something. I was treated like shit when I first stumbled into OPPT, and here I am. What's the point of having a message board if it's gonna be like every other message board out there?

I hardly got to know Drzsmith, Franta, Llance and ROY. I think in another lifetime I might have called them friend.

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
Roy no likey Rob. He's a Banana Queer.

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Quote:

Prometheus said:
I have to disagree with this "Assholes came first" mentality/platform. It's illogical and ill-suited for a message board that wishes to avoid stagnation, inbreeding, and finally, obscurity.

Funny thing is though it seems that everyone wants to join this board, then they wanna change it.
So the question is, why join it in the first place?

It seems people want to join a message board community that already exists, then change it to their own community rather than fit in with what is already set up!

If I came to America then started complaining about traditions, laws, the way people act & anything else that was already there when I came to America, then I would be told to fuck off back to England if I dont like it.........and rightfully so!

This shit was already here when all the newbies joined so its down to you to live with us, not us to live with you!

And as for my comments on double standards, what I am saying is that some of the people in this topic bemoaning some of the traditions, have quite happily participated in those traditions in the past.

Its kinda like rex whining about spamming despite his post count being 50% spam.
Or Snarf not liking jokes at his expense yet has been only too happy in making jokes about Llance being old/fat or me being British for example.

Too many people here join in and have fun until things stop going their way, then they bitch & moan.

These boards are what they are, learn to live with them or move on cause they sure aint gonna change.

Rob Offline
cobra kai
15000+ posts
cobra kai
15000+ posts
Quote:

Nowhereman said:
What one person says is a worn out joke, another person says is tradition. What one person says is annoying, another person says is tradition.

i loves me tradition, dont gemme wrong. i loves me all of you guys, especially in your gay arses. yer funny and conversations are great and there's an actual comradere formed over our many years.

but, criminy, leno is coming up with new material on occasion. bob hope knew he could only get away with some things forever. a lot of what i'm most annoyed with on these boards isn't just labled as "bad posts" but a total lack of creativity!

one of my biggest critiques is that its like you're all on "auto-gay"

and not so much that "i want all silliness stopped" or whatever. thats retarded. but, c'mon man, discression!

here's a sample...

nowie, you can call me gay a thousand times, and it never upsets me. and mebbe the first 10 are funny and the first 100 are "tradition." but after that... its awful. just bad. and not because i've begun to take offense, but because its just gone from being "funny" to being "clutter."

but then, boom, you take some time and make your brokeback mountain image of me. same joke, but its got a fresh new coat of paint. y'didn't just "you're gay" me, you actually dropped some clever on it.

thats why you guys are funny and great, there's an art to it. its rare and reserved and well-thought out.

its not every single fucking post. you and i have many a wwe-related discussion without a single stupid post thrown in there. and then, when ready, you spring on a silly one, and thats beautiful.

giant picture
PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
You're wrong CC.

rex's post count is 80% spam.

you're pretty much right about the rest though.

"Hey this is PCG342's bro..."
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Awwww....

"Are you eating it...or is it eating you?"

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com] [/center]

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com][/center]
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
That was for Rob, bTW

"Are you eating it...or is it eating you?"

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com] [/center]

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com][/center]
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
Quote:

Rob Kamphausen said:
yes, that 2-day ghost town was the worstiest!

(franta registered less than 48 hours after the board's creation. same with bsams and roy and rufie)

it wasn't that these boards needed saving. nor was it that these boards needed a raiding. its simply how they started out. their foundation is myself and them.

Ah, what do you know?

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Quote:

PJP said:
I disagree with the whole idea of this place being full of cliques.

Lets face it, I aint never been part of no clique.
Just the same as PJP, Mxy, UJ, Bunny, Uschi, bsams, rx3d127ypgu45 & GayLA, we are liked by some, hated by others!
That by definition does not make anyone a clique.
One way or another I interact with everyone on these boards, just the same as most people here.

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Quote:

Rob Kamphausen said:
Quote:

Nowhereman said:
What one person says is a worn out joke, another person says is tradition. What one person says is annoying, another person says is tradition.

i loves me tradition, dont gemme wrong. i loves me all of you guys, especially in your gay arses. yer funny and conversations are great and there's an actual comradere formed over our many years.

but, criminy, leno is coming up with new material on occasion. bob hope knew he could only get away with some things forever. a lot of what i'm most annoyed with on these boards isn't just labled as "bad posts" but a total lack of creativity!

and not so much that "i want all silliness stopped" or whatever. thats retarded. but, c'mon man, discression!

here's a sample...

nowie, you can call me gay a thousand times, and it never upsets me. and mebbe the first 10 are funny and the first 100 are "tradition." but after that... its awful. just bad. and not because i've begun to take offense, but because its just gone from being "funny" to being "clutter."

but then, boom, you take some time and make your brokeback mountain image of me. same joke, but its got a fresh new coat of paint. y'didn't just "you're gay" me, you actually dropped some clever on it.

thats why you guys are funny and great, there's an art to it. its rare and reserved and well-thought out.

its not every single fucking post. you and i have many a wwe-related discussion without a single stupid post thrown in there. and then, when ready, you spring on a silly one, and thats beautiful.

Rob is gay!

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
Quote:

Nowhereman said:
Quote:

PJP said:

Just the same as PJP, Mxy, UJ, Bunny, Uschi, bsams, rx3d127ypgu45 & GayLA, we are liked by some, hated by others!
One way or another I interact with everyone on these boards, just the same as most people here.

Yes!

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Owner of a lonely heart!

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Quote:

Nowhereman said:
Quote:

PJP said:

I try to get along with most everyone. I think there are only two posters in my entire three years here that I think it would be hopeless for me to be able to.

HOLEY SHIT CYLON 7!

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
Billy!

devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
Quote:

Nowhereman said:
Quote:

Rob Kamphausen said:
Quote:

Nowhereman said:

here's a sample...

Rob is gay!

R... nevermind!

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Quote:

PJP said:
Billy!

I don't know. He is a mess.

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Quote:

Rob Kamphausen said:
Quote:

Nowhereman said:

here's a sample...

Serious answer to this!

Whats happening there is a singling out of one thing!
For every post where I call you gay, I post 20 where I dont!
Whether there is any thought gone into the insult or not, its just a very small part of what I have contributed to this hell hole!

Were I to feel I could not have the freedom to be repetetive, unoriginal & dull if I want to, then I would move on to somewhere I would have that freedom.

Should I wish to participate in a meaningful discussion, I will do so!
Should I wish to post news, I will do so!
Should I wish to post pointless crap that nobody finds funny, I will do so!

And for the record "Cunt" never stops being funny (but Fuck off seriously needs to make a return)!

devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
Quote:

Ultimate Jaburg53 said:
I think there are only two posters in my entire three years here that I think it would be hopeless for me to be able to.

Who's the other one?

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Frank Stallone!

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
I find sometimes that if you have nothing clever to say you can post a funny pic and bam you got some chuckles.

devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
Quote:

Nowhereman said:
Should I wish to post pointless crap that nobody finds funny, I will do so!

This is what it's all about for me. I am human. I have the right to post pointless crap that nobody finds funny.

Lor Offline
3000+ posts
3000+ posts
i do it all the time!

glad to be of pleasurable service

"don't worry hunny, we'll dig our own graves..."

1,032,000 points!
Rob Offline
cobra kai
15000+ posts
cobra kai
15000+ posts
Quote:

Nowhereman said:
Whats happening there is a singling out of one thing!
For every post where I call you gay, I post 20 where I dont!
Whether there is any thought gone into the insult or not, its just a very small part of what I have contributed to this hell hole!

agreed. i didn't mean it as a specific calling out, but rather a sample of what i see from most everyone.

which applies to...

Quote:

Nowhereman said:
Were I to feel I could not have the freedom to be repetetive, unoriginal & dull if I want to, then I would move on to somewhere I would have that freedom.

that.

often times, it appears every one not only knows they have that freedom, but chooses to express it, all at once.

whether thats someone like yourself, who does put in 20 good posts for every "you're gay"... or the dozens or hundreds of others whose ratio isn't nearly as high.

giant picture
Rob Offline
cobra kai
15000+ posts
cobra kai
15000+ posts
Quote:

Ah, what do you know?

shut it, n00b!!1!

Quote:

Nowhereman said:
It seems people want to join a message board community that already exists, then change it to their own community rather than fit in with what is already set up!

valid point. and i totally agree -- y'can't join something and expect to change what "is."

but at the same time, there's no reason why what "is" can't change, or evolve, on its own. like, according to this topic, and other similar discussions, there are a number of long-standing posters that would like things to change.

not least of which, myself. (...and i hope i've made it very clear that i put no more stock in what i say than anybody else. and i've tried, as best as i can, to make these boards as equal as possible.)

serious comic book discussions is something i'd love to have more of. being a huge, fat nerd, comic books are something i really love to talk about. same with video games and wrestling and boobies and tv shows. its sorta frustrating to see a lack of fun topics -- even more so to see an otherwise good topic peed on with the "you're gay"s.

i think pro is right in his use of the term "balance."

there will always-be the never-was natureboys to keep things in check. its got to be silly here, and if it wasn't, i'd shut the fucker down.

but i think (a) if a greater effort by "serious" posters was made to create "serious" posts and (b) a greater effort by "not serious" posters was made to tollerate the "serious" posts, we'd have a happier lil family. with hugging and gaying.

giant picture
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Quote:

Quote:

Ultimate Jaburg53 said:
I think there are only two posters in my entire three years here that I think it would be hopeless for me to be able to.

Who's the other one?

I don't really know of one I just didn't want to single Billy out.

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
I did.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Quote:

PJP said:
I did.

Indeed, Sir PJP.

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
How many times has somebody here posted a serious (I dont think this is the best word, but it will suffice) topic only for it to get ignored?

The fact is that most people come here to have fun & let off steam, not to be "serious".

The sports forum is full of discussions & news, as are the media & comic book forums, if people choose not to join in those topics, then whose fault is it if the degenerate into crap?

Like you say Rob, if people want the DT forum to stop being political then change it instead of whining.
If people wanna discuss comics, wrestling, football, Serenity or whatever, discuss it & ignore all the crap instead of whining about it!

Try to equate a message board to your life.
Do we get to pick & chose what shit happens to you on a daily basis?
Do we get to pick who our work colleagues are?
Do we get to pick our families?

The answer to that is no, but we have to make the best of what is handed to us & ignore all the shit that gets thrown at us on a daily basis!

The difference with a message board is you can walk away with no repercussions, its your choice if you stay!

terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
I concur!

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
500+ posts
500+ posts
Quote:

Rob Kamphausen said "the power ... is yours!" (i can't remember the cartoon or movie that used that slogan, but i hear it very vividly in my mind!)

captain planet

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. - Aristotle
Regenerated
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Quote:

Rob Kamphausen said:

...you can call me gay a thousand times, and it never upsets me. and mebbe the first 10 are funny and the first 100 are "tradition." but after that... its awful. just bad. and not because i've begun to take offense, but because its just gone from being "funny" to being "clutter."

Exactly my point. Perfect.

Rob Offline
cobra kai
15000+ posts
cobra kai
15000+ posts
Quote:

Nowhereman said:
How many times has somebody here posted a serious (I dont think this is the best word, but it will suffice) topic only for it to get ignored?

(SNIP)

if people choose not to join in those topics, then whose fault is it if the degenerate into crap?

absolutely.

which is why i said that its not just up to you and other "not serious" posters, but rather those upset with it.

if y'want change, y'havta make change.

if people want more "good" posts, y'gotta make more good posts, instead of being upset that there aren't enough of them.

Quote:

Nowhereman said:
Like you say Rob, if people want the DT forum to stop being political then change it instead of whining.
If people wanna discuss comics, wrestling, football, Serenity or whatever, discuss it & ignore all the crap instead of whining about it!

i agree(d)!

its a balance on both sides.

Quote:

cross said:
Quote:

Rob Kamphausen said
"the power ... is yours!" (i can't remember the cartoon or movie that used that slogan, but i hear it very vividly in my mind!)

captain planet

good man.

giant picture
PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
Rob will you touch me to make the bad go away.

The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts
The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts
Jebus! This is like the RKMB Infinite Crisis thread! Everyone wants CHANGE.

I always knew Pro had a hard on for Dildio, but this is rediculous.

You'll get none of that from me!

You're all GAY!!

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
I don't want change. Also I love a villian.

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
MAGNETO WAS RIGHT

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
It's true!

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
It's damn true?

"I offer you a Vulcan prayer, Mr Suder. May your

death bring you the peace you never found in

life." - Tuvok.

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Quote:

Prometheus said:
Quote:

Rob Kamphausen said:

...you can call me gay a thousand times, and it never upsets me. and mebbe the first 10 are funny and the first 100 are "tradition." but after that... its awful. just bad. and not because i've begun to take offense, but because its just gone from being "funny" to being "clutter."

Exactly my point. Perfect.

But then taking that into account, what would Bob & Jay be without their traditional trademarks?

They might occasionally throw in the odd new joke, but people watch/watched them to see stuff they expect from them.

Another good analogy would be music.
Lets say you liked Bon Jovi.
You like them because they perform the kind of music you like.
Now one day Bon Jovi decide they need to evolve, or expand their repetoire & start performing songs that sound like Creed.
That might be well & good for a few people, but people who are fans of Bon Jovi wanna hear Bon Jovi, not something new!

AC/DC have never changed their style yet they still continue to have hit albums & sell out concerts.
Not bad for a band with 30 odd years in the business.
Go tell them they need to try something new!

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Quote:

Pariah said:
Jebus! This is like the RKMB Infinite Crisis thread! Everyone wants CHANGE.

I always knew Pro had a hard on for Dildio, but this is rediculous.

You'll get none of that from me!

You're all GAY!!

Even Pariah has his place in the scheme of things here and he has never been funny!

Page 3 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 18 19

Link Copied to Clipboard