Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 18 19
Schlub
15000+ posts
Schlub
15000+ posts
OOOH! yes i forgot, can we please go before it snows again?

And, to be fair, one of my favorite friends there is blind and I take every opportunity available to make fun of that and we're still friends. That guy never fit there. He never got the spirit of the RKMBs. We're gonna keep an eye on the obits, see if he finally left or if he really did have a heart attack.
2,506,410.81 CAD Rack points

graemlin protector
6000+ posts
graemlin protector
6000+ posts
Quote:

sneaky bunny said:
OOOH! yes i forgot, can we please go before it snows again?

did i say a hi of 88, swimsuits ladies

cookie monster
7500+ posts
cookie monster
7500+ posts
ha! It was 61 here today - It's practically summer.

And I may be going to Texas in the next two months, but unfortunatly, not for a good reason...

Dear, sweet Harley Kwink...I'm madly in love with you. Marry me! We can go to Canadia. Or Boston or something. It'll be grand...You know the cookies are a given. They are ALWAYS a given. You could dump me tomorrow and you'd still get the cookies. Boston..shit, wherever dyke weddings were legalized. And where better to rub their little piggie noses in how bad they suck than right on their doorstep? What are they gonna do? Be jealous of you? Stare furiously at your tah-tahs? Not willingly give you cookies, but instead begrudgingly give you their cookies? Woman, time to wake up to the powers you wield - Uschi

graemlin protector
6000+ posts
graemlin protector
6000+ posts
damn....that's still on the chilly side. hoodie weather for sure

but, the 88 here this time of year is great, still a cool breeze about, as opposed to the warmer breeze in summer

Schlub
15000+ posts
Schlub
15000+ posts
eh yeah that sucks

Its not bad here either, but still, texas would be nice.

And, to be fair, one of my favorite friends there is blind and I take every opportunity available to make fun of that and we're still friends. That guy never fit there. He never got the spirit of the RKMBs. We're gonna keep an eye on the obits, see if he finally left or if he really did have a heart attack.

cookie monster
7500+ posts
cookie monster
7500+ posts
Naw, it was great! Short sleeves, skirts and open-toed heels are practically around the corner!

Dear, sweet Harley Kwink...I'm madly in love with you. Marry me! We can go to Canadia. Or Boston or something. It'll be grand...You know the cookies are a given. They are ALWAYS a given. You could dump me tomorrow and you'd still get the cookies. Boston..shit, wherever dyke weddings were legalized. And where better to rub their little piggie noses in how bad they suck than right on their doorstep? What are they gonna do? Be jealous of you? Stare furiously at your tah-tahs? Not willingly give you cookies, but instead begrudgingly give you their cookies? Woman, time to wake up to the powers you wield - Uschi

graemlin protector
6000+ posts
graemlin protector
6000+ posts
gotta top 75 for people break out the shorts. cept for people who moved from up north. but mid eighties an they all break out the shorts n t's

Schlub
15000+ posts
Schlub
15000+ posts
YAY!!!!!

now only if i knew where those boxes got placed in one of the moves....

Schlub
15000+ posts
Schlub
15000+ posts
Quote:

big_pimp_tim said:
gotta top 75 for people break out the shorts. cept for people who moved from up north. but mid eighties an they all break out the shorts n t's

i hate you more now.

graemlin protector
6000+ posts
graemlin protector
6000+ posts
it's ok. i will be consoled in the sunny 88 degrees tomorrow. maybe hop in the pool. sout texas is beautiful, you ladies outta come, you'd love it.

i cannot stand the cold. and being from where it's cooler you may not like it.

cookie monster
7500+ posts
cookie monster
7500+ posts
Ah, cold shmold... Manhattan is worth it.

graemlin protector
6000+ posts
graemlin protector
6000+ posts
hell, i was in michigan in '99 and they were in a heat wave, and the temp was only in the mid 90's, lol

Schlub
15000+ posts
Schlub
15000+ posts
Quote:

big_pimp_tim said:
hell, i was in michigan in '99 and they were in a heat wave, and the temp was only in the mid 90's, lol

its been that way in recent years but yeah, i'm off lake huron so its always nice n' breezy.

Schlub
15000+ posts
Schlub
15000+ posts
Quote:

harleykwin said:

'xactly, though its a bitch up here in hooterville fuck i need to move...

graemlin protector
6000+ posts
graemlin protector
6000+ posts
new york country side was nice, til the swans i saw one evening were dead and half frozen in the pond the next morning, ruined it for me. plus, it was fuckin cold

cookie monster
7500+ posts
cookie monster
7500+ posts
Quote:

sneaky bunny said:
Quote:

harleykwin said:

... to Manhattan!

We'll go drink. Shenannigans will ensue.

cookie monster
7500+ posts
cookie monster
7500+ posts
Quote:

big_pimp_tim said:
new york country side was nice, til the swans i saw one evening were dead and half frozen in the pond the next morning, ruined it for me. plus, it was fuckin cold

That's cause you were upstate. The city is different. No swans, just pigeons.

Shit, I've been staying up waiting for an ebay auction to end ... be back in a few minutes...

graemlin protector
6000+ posts
graemlin protector
6000+ posts
kingston is upstate? it's in the southeast part of the state

Schlub
15000+ posts
Schlub
15000+ posts
Quote:

harleykwin said:
Quote:

sneaky bunny said:
Quote:

harleykwin said:

... to Manhattan!

judging from my recent trip to toronto, you'll like post bail right?

cookie monster
7500+ posts
cookie monster
7500+ posts
Quote:

big_pimp_tim said:
kingston is upstate? it's in the southeast part of the state

You said "countryside"! Besides, I have a city girl's POV - if it's outside on the city I think it's the country...hell, if its north of the Bronx, I think its upstate!

cookie monster
7500+ posts
cookie monster
7500+ posts
Quote:

sneaky bunny said:
Quote:

harleykwin said:
Quote:

sneaky bunny said:
Quote:

harleykwin said:

... to Manhattan!

Who says we're gonna get caught?

Schlub
15000+ posts
Schlub
15000+ posts
Quote:

harleykwin said:
Quote:

sneaky bunny said:
Quote:

harleykwin said:
Quote:

sneaky bunny said:
Quote:

harleykwin said:

... to Manhattan!

Who says we're gonna get caught?

true, ok i promise i won't yell at, hit on then ralph on any law enforcement.

graemlin protector
6000+ posts
graemlin protector
6000+ posts
depends, i'll have to ask. been there 3 times, each in a different place. this place was iono over an hour, closer to 2 from stewards airfield. 2nd was kingston, 3rd, again i don't know. all smaller towns though

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Fucking hell, this thread has turned into a gay arse weather report!
Cunts!

Educator to comprehension impaired (JLA, that is you)
50000+ posts
Educator to comprehension impaired (JLA, that is you)
50000+ posts
i think if pro wants serious anal discussion, he should check out nightly.net. i think what pro means is he wants joking when he wants joking and seriousness when he wants it. much like rob. when things were a free-for-all and we moderated ourselves this forum grew and grew. now that we have moderators who moderate each forum to their tastes it has stagnated. its cool to see how pro considers people "elitist" and "gang mentality" yet you look at random thoughts depending on who writes a thread it gets moved. what had set this board apart from other boards was the fact that the people were all smart enough to realize that if you didnt like a post skip it, if i was for instance having a conversation with rob about wether hulk hogan was the greatest ever, and ROY BATTY posted that he was a big orange bastard, then jokes ensued and the conversation continued, along with the jokes. because there may not be people that cant stand to have a joke made in their serious thread, well they need to get over it.

but really, as far as your whole list goes its basically elitist bs, for everything you list that you dont like, obviously there are people who do like them, or they wouldnt be doing them. so if this board is flooded with that which you consider offensive, doesnt that tell you that is what the board is about?

talk about bandwagons, the humor and the "no rules" attracted many here, now that the board has grown many of those people wanna run it and give it rules.

now pro will say he was just venting, and not implying that people should be forced to post his way. but watch how the forum is moderated. see if people really decide what they wanna post were, or if he thinks he knows what is good for you. he'll gladly move and/or delete if you dont know where YOUR thread should be. doc will too, REX will but he'll lie about it. rob will and say hey its what the people want.

if pro really wants a consensus let people post, how they post will tell how they want the board to go. if you moderate and moderate you get your vision not the peoples vision.

ROY predicted this from the begginings of this board, the postings of guys like mxy,franta,and countless others made peole wanna stop by, not the name rob kamphausen on the mantle. now that there is some good traffick why not change it into rob/pro/doc whoever is mod of the forums vision.

this was a free expression place, and it is just a message board so im sure that the people doing the one liners and the bsamsing and the sock fucker jokes are much like myself and dont give it another thought except when they are using it,

and hey if a few of you wanna turn it into nightly.net thats up to you and rob i suppose, its just a shame this wont be the free flowing place of ideas and comedy(READ ANUS COMICS) that it used to be.

i cant plug nightly net enough for you pro i really think its what you are looking for.

rex is a sock fucker.

Regenerated
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Quote:

britneyspearsatemyshorts said:
i think if pro wants serious anal discussion,

Heh. I think there's plenty "anal" discussion around here. And thus, my point...

Quote:

i think what pro means is he wants joking when he wants joking and seriousness when he wants it.

If that's all you got out of my rant, then, that's your call...

Quote:

its cool to see how pro considers people "elitist" and "gang mentality"

Please show me where I used the word "elitist". Did I? I cannot remember...

Quote:

but really, as far as your whole list goes its basically elitist bs

You certainly are taking my opinions personally, aren't you?

Quote:

now pro will say he was just venting, and not implying that people should be forced to post his way.

I'm not just saying it, I emphatically stated it. In the very first post. A list of my opinions. Really. It's okay to voice my opinions, right?

Quote:

he'll gladly move and/or delete if you dont know where YOUR thread should be.

I've never deleted a single thread. But, I will move them. And I've never claimed otherwise...

Quote:

if pro really wants a consensus let people post, how they post will tell how they want the board to go.

This entire thread is about getting the consensus. Thus, the point of it...

Quote:

this was a free expression place, and it is just a message board so im sure that the people doing the one liners and the bsamsing and the sock fucker jokes are much like myself and dont give it another thought except when they are using it,

and hey if a few of you wanna turn it into nightly.net thats up to you and rob i suppose, its just a shame this wont be the free flowing place of ideas and comedy(READ ANUS COMICS) that it used to be.

i cant plug nightly net enough for you pro i really think its what you are looking for.

I prefer USAToday, NYTimes, and the like. But, seriously, how many times can I type the word "balance" and people read it as my announcement to claim dictatorship of the boards and the total abolishment of fun or comedy? How can it be interpreted like that?

I think I've posted enough of my thoughts about it in this thread to keep from repeating myself. I feel, though, that my opinion has in some way offended or threatened you. If so, I apologize, Bsams. You've always been a constant around here, and shouldn't feel threatened by other ideas or opinions on these subjects. Yet, you always do. What is it that you're afraid of? That the boards will suddenly become a PBS station? That an Orwellian movement of emotionless mechanics will suddenly supercede the obvious nature of this place?

You talk about my "vision" of this place. Is there no room for a comfortable balance within yours?

Again, please re-read my inital rant and take it for what I meant it to be, not what you interpret it to be.

I love you bsams. Don't break up with me...

faggot
15000+ posts
faggot
15000+ posts
Fuck right, BSAMS. I don't like the moderators putting their personal spin on stuff. Maybe there could be another way, change the font color or something instead of moving a post out of a thread, for example GMANIMEANYOUGODDAMNIT. This is specifically about the Deep Thoughts forum because it's the only one I get moderated the fuck out of in. I don't like to be too serious so when I post a "deep thought" I sometimes like to mask it in assholery or bad comedy. It's my nature, I do this in real life also. Just because I look like a cunt doesn't mean I'm not trying to make a point or add something to the discussion. So maybe I make a fake dead fetus ID in order to make a new argument about abortion by taking the opposite side of what I am arguing. That should be obviously a serious post in need of at least letting it stay where it is put. I'm making an anti-abortion point by posing as an aborted fetus that is pro-abortion. It's dark comedy AND something to discuss. AND it isn't straightforward boring shit. I like how Burg moderates. He puts objective thought into his decisions.

As for the boards, I love it here. I took everything wrong twice and left forever twice and now I'm back forever twice. The annoyances/traditions are like friends waving from across the street to me. It's comforting to know that there really are complete asshole dorks who act and think a lot like I do. This is my After School Special for learning how to deal with difficult personalities. My life is so much less stressful since I came here the third time. Once I finally GOT it I have been able to apply the easy-going nature to m real life. People can call me a hermaphrodite or whatever they want and I'm just okay with it. This place has helped me through a difficult time in my life and brought me to a healthier, happier state of being.

Someone (Nowhereman?) mentioned 'if you don't like a thread, skip it.' That's goddamn right. We're all (mostly) adults here. Nobody ought to be the PC police making sure things are kiddy friendly. Bitching about reading stuff you don't want to is like when people sign up for Livejournal Communities called, for example, "BAD TASTE" that post in large fonts that lj-cuts are for pussies and THEN have the audacity to bitch that they got fired for the grotesque obscenities being on their moniters at work. Don't click it, right? Stop blaming other people for your own inadequacies. Like Rob mentioned, if you want more posts like X, then post them.

Old men, fear me! You will shatter under my ruthless apathetic assault!

Uschi - 2
Old Men - 0

"I am convinced that this world is of no importance, and that the only people who care about dates are imbeciles and Spanish teachers." -- Jean Arp, 1921

"If Jesus came back and saw what people are doing in his name, he would never never stop throwing up." - Max von Sydow, "Hannah and Her Sisters"
Rob Offline
cobra kai
15000+ posts
cobra kai
15000+ posts
Quote:

Uschi said:
Like Rob mentioned, if you want more posts like X, then post them.

which is really the only point we're ever gonna get outta this whole orgy.

everyone has a stake in this board. bsams, pro, nowie, animalfag, etc, etc. everyone helped make it what it is, some certainly more than others, and all for better or for worse. and everyone wants what they want from them, and its hard to compel another to share your views -- damn near impossible.

and thats how it should be.

the forum was built on "free will." choas and silliness are just incarnations.

if you want to take them, or a section of them, in a new direction, thats up to you. you have to be the one that starts the new threads, you have to be the one that encourages others to join with you, you have to be the one that ignores posts that fight your cause.

threads like this are great to get a feeling for how the boards are, and give you a voice to speak on how you want them to be.

but its the actions in other threads that actually steer the ship.

giant picture
faggot
15000+ posts
faggot
15000+ posts
Oh, I know that. It's just that I read through eight pages of opinions and I'd be damned if I wasn't about to post mine right along with it all.

Old men, fear me! You will shatter under my ruthless apathetic assault!

Uschi - 2
Old Men - 0

"I am convinced that this world is of no importance, and that the only people who care about dates are imbeciles and Spanish teachers." -- Jean Arp, 1921

"If Jesus came back and saw what people are doing in his name, he would never never stop throwing up." - Max von Sydow, "Hannah and Her Sisters"
Rob Offline
cobra kai
15000+ posts
cobra kai
15000+ posts
you can say whatever you want. i saw and enjoyed your boobies.

giant picture
Tabarnak!
6000+ posts
Tabarnak!
6000+ posts
Quote:

Captain Sammitch said:
Quote:

Animalman said:
Quote:

PJP said:
would you like to be in the clique? There is room for 1 more.

Do I get to post in the secret clique forum and make secret clique "rob is gay" jokes?

Shit! You don't have more slots open???

PJP always has a slot open for interested boys...and an orrifice or two.

If karma's a bitch, it will be my bitch!
I've got more guns than you.
6000+ posts
I've got more guns than you.
6000+ posts
Quote:

Uschi said:
... We're all (mostly) s here...

... thanks....
I agree with all the other stuff, too...

"Ah good. Now I'm on the internet clearly saying I like tranny cleavage. This shouldn't get me harassed at all."
-- Lothar of the Hill People
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Quote:

Rob Kamphausen said:
you can say whatever you want. i saw and enjoyed llances boobies.

More proof that Rob is gay!

Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Quote:

typical related complaint:
the deep thoughts forum is all about politics!

Quote:

Rob Kamphausen said:

dont like it? fucking change it!

if the only people posting in there are those that like politics, its up to you to interject something else 'bout it. otherwise, its their forum to use as they like.

In fact, at least once a week on average, or more, I, or Wednesday, try to start threads about things like:

With nary a mention of Republicans, Democrats, Liberals, Conservatives, etc.

And what happens to those non-political threads?

They get one or two replies, if that, and then sink like a stone, while the threads about politics get hits and keep going.

Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
I was going to post my say on the matter but I'm not interested in desperately getting any of you to validate my feelings about the board. You're all gay in my eyes.

But I agree with Bsams and Uschi. And that person who said something bad about PJP. PJP is a crockshit.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Quote:

Son of Mxy said:
I was going to post my say on the matter but I'm not interested in desperately getting any of you to validate my feelings about the board.

That's too bad. If you had, Rob was going to let me make you a co-Mod of the DT forum.

Oh well, too late now...

graemlin protector
6000+ posts
graemlin protector
6000+ posts

twice in one day som.

Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
damnit.

Tabarnak!
6000+ posts
Tabarnak!
6000+ posts
Quote:

Animalman said:
Or 15 page threads started just to say "hi" to someone.

KArla, Ani doesn't like you....

If karma's a bitch, it will be my bitch!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Quote:

Son of Mxy said:
damnit.

Sorry, you'll have to try again during next year's rant.

But thanks for playing, and here's a copy of Rob's home game:

Page 5 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 18 19

Link Copied to Clipboard