Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 40 1 2 3 4 5 6 39 40
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
And thank you for letting me know..that this thread is not dead yet.

"I offer you a Vulcan prayer, Mr Suder. May your

death bring you the peace you never found in

life." - Tuvok.

graemlin protector
6000+ posts
graemlin protector
6000+ posts

i read the spoilers

100+ posts
100+ posts
not smurfy

That's Not Very Smurfy Of You
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Bogus......

It appears I have ruptured the time and space continuum.

life." - Tuvok.

graemlin protector
6000+ posts
graemlin protector
6000+ posts
oh, wait ta go beardguy, now when the universe ends in a anti-matter implosion, we allll have you to thanks.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Wait! I know how to fix it!!

DC can simply do another Crisis maxi series. Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Superman, and Batman can save the day!

life." - Tuvok.

graemlin protector
6000+ posts
graemlin protector
6000+ posts
yeah!

that won't change my origin from earth 3 to anti matter earth will it?

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Quote:

big_pimp_tim said:
yeah!

that won't change my origin from earth 3 to anti matter earth will it?

No spoilers HERE, Tim..... Stay tuned!!!

life." - Tuvok.

2500+ posts
2500+ posts
Dammit. I'm never going to accept an origin from the anti-matter universe! I have standards!

Reveling in the knowledge that Sammitch will never interrupt my nookie ever again. 112,000 RACK Points!
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Ok, Poof! Your origin remains unchanged.

life." - Tuvok.

2500+ posts
2500+ posts

Reveling in the knowledge that Sammitch will never interrupt my nookie ever again. 112,000 RACK Points!
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
.....he called you a 'poof'......

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I was gonna say, " Presto Chango " instead of poof, but looking back, Pro, you'd probably have said, " He called you a Presto Chango!"

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
And last night's 2 am G 4 Sar Trek : TNG ep. was REMEMBER ME. Even after seeing it 8 or 9 times over the years, and knowing how it ends, I could still feel the tension as Dr Crusher has to solve a mystery...before it's too late.

Spoiler space :

The show ended and then the closing credits came up.

That's all I'm gonna say about this excellent episode, and it's surprise ending.

The first time I saw it..I never saw it coming!

life." - Tuvok.

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts

The Swizzler....
6000+ posts
The Swizzler....
6000+ posts
*le sigh* I love Wil Wheaton................

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Wesley was ok. Gene Roddenbury said in an interview years ago that Wesley Crusher represented him at that age, as he was a bright kid and did well in school.

Wil Wheaton was brilliant in Stand By Me. I think he made a mistake, just as Denise Crosby ( Tasha Yar. ) made a few years before him in leaving the show. Both actors admitted such a move killed their careers dead. Being typecast in Star Trek :TNG might have been a factor, as well.

life." - Tuvok.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
I wasn't a big Wesley fan but enjoyed Wheaton's good humor about all the "kill Wesley" fans.

It's not to weird for me not having any new Trek. I missed quite a few episodes from DS9 & Voyager. With Netflix I've been watching through those entire series. While I knew DS9 was good, it's truly great watching all the episodes sequentially. After that I might check out the Enterprise series. Some of the ones I saw though when it was being broadcast though wasn't really enjoyable. I liked the casting but setting the whole series up as a prologue to everything else just didn't work IMHO.

I've always enjoyed picking up any Star Trek paperbacks. The latest Voyager one called String Theory was a treat for all us Kes fans!

Since Trek has been a money maker for years for Paramount I would be surprised if they let the franchise just die. A breather will allow for a chance for a new take in a future series (I hope) Not sure how they would go about resurecting the movies. The classic cast were popular enough where the general population kept going even after they all became senior citizens. The Next Generation cast has Patrick Stewart but the last movie stunk. If they had decent story where they take on the Borg, the Next Generation movies could be back in business.

Fair play!
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
A strong, well written and brilliantly acted BORG - Next Generation movie might just bring the movies back to where they were with Contact, which was my favorite Next Generation movie. I'd be all for that.

life." - Tuvok.

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
I strongly suggest Enterprise. Alot of the more hardcore Trekkies bitched and moaned that it was, in some bizarre fashion, degrading their holy beliefs about TOS. I couldn't disagree more. In my mind, it cements and highlights that upcoming generation where Jame T. Kirk would lead the 1701 into one its greatest eras of exploration.

Enterprise is a quiet, considerate partner to TOS. It shows the very beginning of the Federation, and gives more details into how and why things became they were did by Kirk and Picard's centuries. It's about realistic exploration. It's not a "meet the alien of the week" format. It goes into the fact that space is vast, dangerous, and very often, lonely.

A lone crew of 188 humans (plus one Vulcan and one Denobulan) set off into, literally, the great unknown. There are no star charts to follow, as outlined by previous ships or explorations. There are other starships to fall back on for support or help. Hell, they don't even have any real defenses or weapons. The "Phaser Particle Pistols" are a brand new technology, and, the "Photonic Torpedo Cannons" aren't even installed and tested until the Second Season.

Enterprise is about struggle and laying the foundation of what we know about The Federation. I can't say enough good things about it.

That said, keep in mind it IS a Trek. Therefore, it doesn't quite find it's perfect footing until the latter half of Season Two. After that, it's all gold.

And fuck Berman and Braga for not putting their support behind it. Burn in hell you ignorant fucks...

As for the movies, I've said it before and I'll say it again. It needs adrenaline. It needs action, and fights, and epic space battles. The tv series are the best platforms for moral and ethical explorations. Movies should always do what Wrath of Khan and First Contact did....and that's kick some damn ass.

Be bold. Be brave. Be exciting, and powerful. THAT will make a Trek movie worth it everytime...

2500+ posts
2500+ posts
Heck, I'm getting excited about Trek movies just thinking about action possibilities!

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
LoL, the "Where no fan has gone before" of Futurama was just on. VERY nice!

I liked the closing credits..where scenes from that episode were shown, just as in the closing credits of TOS, scenes from episodes were shown.

Of course, Shatner got the girl...who, in this case, was Leela.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
And ALL GOOD THINGS was on earlier. I always get a bit sad at the end, because it means the series is over..

But tomorrow night, both parts of ENCOUNTER AT FARPOINT is on! The show starts all over again.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Encounter At Farpoint : The first time I tried to tape it was off of Spike TV..the picture kept freezing for minutes at a time..that was 2 weeks ago. On Wednesday night, I had already taped part one off of G 4....and put the tape in the vcr ..pushed record..two seconds into the episode..the power went out on my entire block.

So I bought the episode on Ebay. Oh well, at least I got it.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts

life." - Tuvok.

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
So this is what you do...post shit in threads where they don't belong only to post them in a relevant thread later?

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
So this is what YOU do, Rex....dump your unhappieness, undealt - with issues and self loathing on others, instead of dealing with it?

That's a million times worse than what you accuse me of doing.

Unlike you, I DON'T take my anger out on others for NO good reason. I DO push back when someone pushes at me, though.

I'm not like others here, Rex,..I don't taunt you or make fun of you for the hell of it. I don't make sock jokes, I don't turn you into the butt of crude jokes. I don't go for the obvious in others. That shows a lack of kindness and no imagination. Sadly, that seems to make no difference to you.

I don't treat you like a joke. I don't make hateful or humiliating threads about you. I don't push at you to try and drive you away from here. I respect your right to be here and enjoy yourself. I believe you ought to be treated like a person, not a punching bag. It's a shame you can't show me that same decency, and let me be ME here.

Or maybe you just enjoy going after others whom you think you can injure or ridicule. Those whom you consider to be vulnerable. That makes you no better than the ones who REALLY dump on you here. Worse, maybe,...because you are intelligent and ought to know better.

Ever heard of TACT, Rex? I don't think so. You might have said, " You know, Jerry, I would really appreciate it if you would try to post stuff in threads where it might at least be relevant."

Instead? You chose to be a prick. Another time, I might have simply ignored you, as I usually do....but you caught me at the wrong time.

The sad thing is, these words are written for one who will not listen. I must be stubborn, myself, because I am good to people...I try to see the GOOD in others, Rex..even you. Especially you...because you seem to need that compassion...more than most.

I don't dislike you, Rex... I feel sorry for you.. You sought to make me look the fool..but in making your remark, you only proved yourself to look foolish.

life." - Tuvok.

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Predictable response, Rex. VERY predictable.

life." - Tuvok.

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Quote:

Beardguy57 said:
So this is what YOU do, Rex....dump your unhappieness, undealt - with issues and self loathing on others, instead of dealing with it?

Unlike you, I DON'T take my anger out on others for NO good reason. I DO push back when someone pushes at me, though.

I'm not like others here, Rex,..I don't taunt you or make fun of you for the hell of it. I don't make sock jokes, I don't turn you into the butt of crude jokes. I don't go for the obvious in others. That shows a lack of kindness and no imagination. Sadly, that seems to make no difference to you.

I don't treat you like a joke. I don't make hateful or humiliating threads about you. I don't push at you to try and drive you away from here. I respect your right to be here and enjoy yourself. I believe you ought to be treated like a person, not a punching bag. It's a shame you can't show me that same decency, and let me be ME here.

Or maybe you just enjoy going after others whom you think you can injure or ridicule. Those whom you consider to be vulnerable. That makes you no better than the ones who REALLY dump on you here. Worse, maybe,...because you are intelligent and ought to know better.

Ever heard of TACT, Rex? I don't think so. You might have said, " You know, Jerry, I would really appreciate it if you would try to post stuff in threads where it might at least be relevant."

Instead? You chose to be a prick. Another time, I might have simply ignored you, as I usually do....but you caught me at the wrong time.

The sad thing is, these words are written for one who will not listen. I must be stubborn, myself, because I am good to people...I try to see the GOOD in others, Rex..even you. Especially you...because you seem to need that compassion...more than most.

I don't dislike you, Rex... I feel sorry for you.. You sought to make me look the fool..but in making your remark, you only proved yourself to look foolish.

Jerry. Just

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
Jerry for Administrator!

100+ posts
100+ posts
rex is not very smurfy

Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Quote:

rex said:
...stop derailing other threads.....Try contributing to the boards instead of whining about everything.

Quote:

rex said:
Its not the derailing threads and having a hissy fit forum.

Quote:

rex said:
So this is what you do...post shit in threads where they don't belong only to post them in a relevant thread later?

"One of these things is not like the others. One of these things just does not belong."

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Quote:

Beardguy57 said:

100+ posts
100+ posts
Quote:

PJP said:
Jerry for Administrator!

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Quote:

Beardguy57 said:

dude, calm down. Stop projecting your shit on me and get a sense of humor.

Quote:

What anger? How do you know when I'm argry or not?

Quote:

You want a cookie?

Quote:

See previous comment.

Quote:

There is only one or two posters I go after here, and those posters deserve what they get. Most the time I'm joking around with friends. I leave most people here alone until they mess with me. Try to pay attention.

Quote:

Or you could not do it in the first place.

Quote:

Thats your fault, not mine.

Quote:

Stop being so damn gay.

Quote:

I don't need your pity. Go pity PCgay, he's the one that needs it.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I stand by what I said, Rex. Maybe I do take things too
seriously a lot of the time...but this is part and parcel of who i am.

A sense of humor? I've had to deal with some major shit all through out my life.

It's a miracle I have ANY sense of humor at all.

This is me..I should not have to define or explain me, any more than you should have to define or explain yourself. To anyone in here or in the real world.

life." - Tuvok.

2500+ posts
2500+ posts
Um...I think you both got some splainin' to do!!!

Get the fuck out!
Page 4 of 40 1 2 3 4 5 6 39 40

Link Copied to Clipboard