Quote:

rex said:

Quote:

The Translator said:

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
We now rejoin our regularly scheduled thread : Star Trek : The Lost Generation....already in progress.....

Ok...what episodes of Next Generation actually MOVED you in some way? Made you sad, happy, angry?

Whenever I watch "All Good Things", I am sad because that was the very LAST episode. It was a wonderful show with a long run, and many excellent episodes. It was goodbye.

I was there for "Encounter at Farpoint" on September 28,
1987. I thought the show was dumb. I watched it with a friend. we laughed at how bad we thought it was. By the end of that first season, we hadseen "Conspiracy", "Skin of Evil", "Hide and Q", "Arsenal Of Freedom", and a few other episodes that were very good. We began to like the show.

The episode that endeared Next Generation to me was "The Dauphin". This was the one where Wesley falls in love with a very special girl. No spoilers in case there are a few here who never saw the show, but I recall saying "Wow" a few times during that episode. There were a few funny lines in that episode, too. It was about first love. Very well done.

"The Offspring. " I cried the very first time I saw that one. VERY moving.

"Relics". Scotty is in this one. As you know, he died a year ago or so. I always liked him. He was a fun character and a good actor. The episode was very good.
It is a bit sad seeing Scotty in this one, knowing that he is gone. It was his next to last appearance in a Trek show or movie. A great way to remember him.

"Who Watches The Watchers". The dialogue is excellent. It is deeply moving, with it's themes of God and worship and beliefs. I am a very spiritual person, and admire the sensitivity with which this subject was dealt with.

More on this later..........

"I offer you a Vulcan prayer, Mr Suder. May your

death bring you the peace you never found in

life." - Tuvok.

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Rack you, Jerry...

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Part two : Star Trek : The Next Generation episodes that moved me.

I was at a Next Generation site a day or so ago, and saw what fans there had voted as their favorites.... and found most of the fan voted favs. were mostly action oriented. Sure, I like action Trek episodes too, and maybe it is my age showing, but I like episodes that are character driven with plenty of dialogue and character development.

Spoilers!! Spoilers ahead!!!!

Some of my personal favs that were missing in the list of fan favorites:

The Emmisary : We meet Worf's love interest, Keh'lar, for the first time. We see a totally different, loving, sensitive side to Worf. He may not be human, but he can love. I remember what I thought to myself when I first saw this episode:

"Worf in love? I didn't know he could do that!"

The Samaritan Snare :

Geordi is sent onboard a Pakled ship to make repairs. The Pakleds are a very child - like, under - developed race, who are so impatient for technological advancement that they steal it rather than wait.

What moves me in this episode is not just that Geordi is in big trouble and has to think his was out of a really tough dilemma, but it is also that Captain Picard needs to have his artificial heart replaced. He is not good with children, and makes the many hour journey with 16 year old Wesley Crusher, who is going to the same place as Picard is having thje procedure done, only Wesley is going there for Starfleet testing. The two have an interesting dialogue enroute.

It is rumored that Roddenbury planned to show in an episode that Wesley is the love child of Picard and Dr. Crusher. He died before this could be followed up. Writres soon forgot about or buried the idea. I would have liked to have seen this be revealed and put into an episode.

To Thine Own's Self :

Data is stranded on a backwards alien planet. He has lost his memory due to a shuttle malfunction. He unwittingly brings radioactive material to a medieval type town, and befriends a little girl and her father.

Data must find a cure for radioactive poisoning before the very people whom he has befriended die from it. Upon succeeding, and then subsequently being deactivated by the angry, frightened townspeople, the Enterprise crew send Riker and Dr. Crusher to the planet to find him, and learn that he had had an adventure, and became very special to a little girl. Very cute...

And, meanwhile, Counselor Troi had to wrestle with taking her Command test..and making a difficult choice... to be able to order a crewman to their death in order to save the ship and crew.

A lot of good character development in these three gems. Dialogue was spot on, too.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
The Emmisary was just on Spike Tv..it ended just a minute ago..I find the dialogue at the end between Keh'Lar and Worf in the transporter room quite moving.

And I have probably seen it 20 times at this point.

Wow.

life." - Tuvok.

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
I'm a big fan of "Lower Decks". That one rocks...

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Lower Decks is a FANTASTIC episode!! It has all of my favorite ingredients : A story told from a different angle, wonderful dialogue and excellent character development!

Let's not forget Tapestry, and The Inner Light - both very character driven episodes. I will discuss those, and others en la futura..in the future.

life." - Tuvok.

Award-Winning Author
10000+ posts
Award-Winning Author
10000+ posts
I liked the episode, I think it was called Measure of a Man, where Data's legal status was in question, and Riker had to argue that he was property of the Federation, and Picard argued that Data was entitled to the same rights as anyone else.

Knutreturns said: Spoken like the true Greatest RDCW Champ!

All hail King Snarf!

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Yeah, Tapestry Q and Measure of a Man are fantastic episodes. Creame' of the crop, in many ways...

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
All Good Things just ended...I watched parts 1 & 2 on G 4......I always get sad when the episode ends..it is the very last episode.

It was such a wonderful show! Full of fresh ideas, new and original characters..... Each episode cost about a million dollars to produce....several of the cast had to endure sitting for hours each day before shooting began, having make up put on them...

It picked up on and expounded upon ideas that Roddenbury had created in the Original Series... and broke new ground with the Cardassians, the Ferengi, many other new alien species...and of course....The Borg.

Each week, we went off into the unknown with Captain Picard, Commander Riker, Lt. Worf, Commander Data, Counselor Troi, Lt. Geordi LaForge, and Dr. Crusher. They provided us with fascinating stories, superb acting, and the opportunity to go where we otherwise could not go...into the vastness of our galaxy.....

Thank God for reruns.. and thank you, Mr Roddenbury.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Who Watches The Watchers was on today..it is one of my favs, and it almost NEVER appears in the fan favs list.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
The Offspring was on yesterday on Spike TV... it remains one of my very favorite episodes. Surprisingly, it rarely makes fan fav's lists at Trek sites online.. no matter, this one still moves me everytime.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Sins of The Father was just on..a fantastic episode! We discover that Worf has a brother, Kurn..played quite well by Tony Todd...Worf's character began to develope with "Heart of Glory " in season one....and with " The Emmisary " from season two....but with this third season offering, Worf truly shines.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Allegiance is on now..NOT one of my favs, but it is ok....

I'm taping it, so, the episode does have merit.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Skin Of Evil was on G4 .... very good episode, very sad ending.

Am currently watching Best Of Both Worlds part 2.... Okay, the Borg easily defeats almost ALL of Starfleet's vessels.....and the Enterprise single handedly blows it up?

I know that they had Data to help...that may have made all the difference...none of the other ships that tackled the Borg at Wolf 359 had an android on board.

It was a great episode.

My fav Borg episode is Q Who?

After that,

The Best of Both Worlds pts 1 & 2

I, Borg

Descent pts 1 & 2.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Family is on...it's the one after Best Of Both Worlds.. another great episode. We learn about how Picard has to deal with having been used by the Borg to kill thousands of people...his strained relationship with his older brother..his childhood...

Worf and his parents: The scenes were quite good.

This and Best of Both worlds were a fantastic start for the fourth season of the show. This season is viewed by many as the best one. I tend to agree. The main characters had their personas down cold, the stories were never better, and dialogue and action were superb.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Quote:

PJP said:
hold on there.....Magneto is real.

and he was right.

life." - Tuvok.

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
Quote:

Beardguy57 said:
Family is on...it's the one after Best Of Both Worlds.. another great episode. We learn about how Picard has to deal with having been used by the Borg to kill thousands of people...his strained relationship with his older brother..his childhood...

Worf and his parents: The scenes were quite good.

This and Best of Both worlds were a fantastic start for the fourth season of the show. This season is viewed by many as the best one. I tend to agree. The main characters had their personas down cold, the stories were never better, and dialogue and action were superb.

Family is a bit slow, but I like it. Its nice to actually have them need to repair and recover from a big episode.
Brothers is another great one in year 4 with Data and Lore meeting their "father." I remember how big that was that Brent Spiner was doing 3 characters together for most of the episode.

Bow ties are coool.
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Yeah, Family was pretty good because of reasons I discussed earlier...and Brent Spiner did an excellent job of playing three characters in Brothers!

I liked how Lore mocked Data when he said , " I am not less perfect than Lore." in that silly tone, That was funny!

I missed the first two Trek eps on Spike today, but did see the third one.... Future Imperfect.... it was a good episode.

I kinda wish they'd do a Next Gen. movie eventually, to show what happened to the main cast years after the continuity of the show ended...that could be amusing.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Quote:

Prometheus said:
Yeah, Tapestry Q and Measure of a Man are fantastic episodes. Creame' of the crop, in many ways...

Measure of a Man is on G 4 as I type this... Fantastic episode!!

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Quote:

Beardguy57 said:
Quote:

Prometheus said:

Measure of a Man is on G 4 as I type this... Fantastic episode!!

" He's very remarkable."

" you didn't call him " it."

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
The Dauphin was just on..and now, Contagion is on... two GREAT second season episodes...

life." - Tuvok.

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts

Some of "Sulu's" lines have a whole new meaning, given his recenting "outing."

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
" The Offspring " was on G 4 tonight. It is still one of my favs, even though I have seen it about 25 times now. It is from this excellent episode that my current signature... Data's speech to his android daughter, Lal..comes from.

" Sins of The Father " is on now... another fantastic episode.

" Captain, I am going to ask you to be Cha' D' ich."

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Quote:

Beardguy57 said:
Allegiance is on now..NOT one of my favs, but it is ok....

I'm taping it, so, the episode does have merit.

It was in again tonite..I seem to enjoy it a bit more with each viewing. Written rather well.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
It seems that they ARE doing something for Trek's 40 th anniversary.. a convention.

I'd still like to see a 2 hour special on Star Trek on tv...

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Menage A' Troi and Transfigurations are on tonight..I am enjoying these two excellent episodes, as I always do.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I, Borg was on Spike Tv earlier ..it is a good one... Imaginary Friend and The Next Phase were also on....both good episodes....

life." - Tuvok.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
I've been rewatching the first season after not seeing them in years & years. One surprise is that so far the focus hasn't been just on the big three. Nice seeing the scenes with the secondary members. Sulu particulary gets a fair amount of screen time early on.

Fair play!
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Yeah, secondary cast members actually got a piece of the action during the first year, before the Kirk - Spock - Dr. McCoy triangle took over...

life." - Tuvok.

notnotnotnotnotnotnotwedge
2500+ posts
notnotnotnotnotnotnotwedge
2500+ posts
The Inner Light just ended on Spike TV (Where Picard lives the life of a man in a long dead civilization). It's probably one of my top five favorite episodes.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
The Inner Light was just on...it is a beautiful episode. Very moving....

Now, Time's Arrow Part one is on, and will be followed in an hour by Time's Arrow Part two.... An excellent two parter..it ends season 5, and it's conclusion is the first episode, season 6....

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Whoa! Glad we agree on that one, NotWedge..I cried The VERY first time I saw The Inner Light... wow....an awesome episode..done very well...superb story.

life." - Tuvok.

Page 5 of 40 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 39 40

Link Copied to Clipboard