Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 40 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 39 40
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
"Justice" was on Spike TV today. The aliens known as the Edo, a childlike race wanted to kill Wesley because he accidentally killed some plants. Geuss he had to find something to do before he got made an acting ensign...

After that, "The Battle." I find this one a bore and chose to do a more fun task....laundry.

Now playing is " Hide And Q", one of my favs from the first season. Q again confronts Picard but this time it is Riker he is after! He gives Riker Q powers... and can Riker cope with such a responsibility?

A question: Why did Wesley, now that he is an acting ensign, not get a communicator until the second season? Was someone hoping he'd get into a bit of a jam and not be able to call for help?

"I offer you a Vulcan prayer, Mr Suder. May your

death bring you the peace you never found in

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
"Disaster" was on G 4 at 8 pm. One of my favs. Love to see Captain Picard in the "Fish out of water" scenario where he is stranded in an elevator with three frightened children.

Meanwhile, Dr. Crusher and Geordi are trapped in a cargo bay with a plasma fire..and very combustible cargo!

On the bridge, Counselor Troi is in command...and containment integrity in the matter - anti matter pods is dropping.

Very good one!

"The Game" is on now... the one where Riker is vacationing on Ryssa and some woman he's shacked up with gives him this game thingie that fits on your head and is like a mini holo- deck, and you have to put these disks into trumpet shaped thingies.

It's the first episode where Wesley is visiting after he leaves to go to Starfleet Academy.

Don't worry. He's annoying in this one too.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Oh, yeah, "The Game" is supposed to be a metaphor, showing the dangers of drug use.

So, don't do drugs! Especially if you are in starfleet.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
"Haven", " The Big Goodbye" and "Datalore" on Spike tv today..I'll critique them later.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Those three are all good first season episodes, but they all also really show how much the show and the characters matured by the second and third seasons.

Worf had grown a lot by the second season episode, " The Emissary." Michael Dorn had had a year and a half to work with the character, and he had Worf down cold by this time. This was how Worf would be through the next 5 seasons..the proud warrior who has honor and is a Klingon, yet was raised by humans and so has a human side to him.

Data was ridiculous in the first year, trying so hard to be human by imitating sneezing, and not knowing expressions that his computer mind would have had stored.

He said in other episodes, " I remember every fact I am exposed to." Well, in season one, he behaved as though he did not!

In season two, Brent Spiner began to behave more like an android, and by season three, he was quite believable in his role as Data.

Patrick Stewart was ALWAYS good at being Captain Picard from episode one onwards. He just got better at it with time.

I will write more on the maturation of the other characters
soon.

life." - Tuvok.

Eat Me
500+ posts
Eat Me
500+ posts

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
That was pretty cool, Ariel! Here are a few Star Trek videos :

Next Generation : The show intro as it OUGHT to have been:

BAD Data :

Star Trek VS Star Wars :

Dr Who VS ST: TNG :

Star Trek : The Next Generation : See the Next Gen crew use naughty language in this Blooper Video :

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Tasha Yar memorial service :

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
The Family Guy version of Star Trek: The Next Generation :

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
"Hero Worship" was on last night. I had pizza at my mom's place while it was on. She is not a Star Trek fan, but she admitted it was a cute episode, and that she enjoyed it.

This one has long been in my top ten of Next Gen. episodes.

The Enterprise finds a badly damaged science vessel named The Veco. The sole survivor is a boy of about 10 years old. Data rescues him from the crumbling ship, and the boy, Timothy, begins imitating Data shortly afterwards.

Look for the scene where the boy is sitting in sick bay, being examined by Dr Crusher with Data sitting next to him.

This episode exudes cuteness! It is written and directed brilliantly!

It is up there with "Inner Light", "Darmok", "The Offspring", " Sins Of The Father", " Relics", etc.

"Violations" was on after that, but, as I do not care for that one, I did not bother watching.

Tonight on G4 was " The Masterpiece Society", which I am indifferent to. Troi falls in love with a man who is the leader of a genetically engineered society. ( Riker is way better looking than the other guys Deanna has been involved with.)

"Conundrum" is on as I type this. The Enterprise crew is attacked by an alien who erases their memories of who they are, but not their talents and abilities. They are led to believe they are at war.

Not a bad one, just not a big fav. of mine, though it is a good one to watch.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Ok, today, the following Episodes were on Spike TV:

Skin Of Evil

We'll Always Have Paris

Conspiracy

All three are very good latter first season eps.

My fav of the three :

Skin Of Evil...then Conspiracy.

Skin of Evil : An evil, powerful alien kills a member of the crew. At episodes' end is a memorial service for that member. It is very moving.

Conspiracy : High ranking Star Fleet officers begin acting strangely.... and it soon develops into a life or death situation! Easily one of the top 5 of the first season.

We'll Always Have Paris : A pretty cool episode where time begins to go awry, and must be fixed..quickly!

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
On G 4 : "The Outcast"... a cool episode that is actually a metaphor for being a gay or lesbian person in a homphobic world. Another poster pointed out the inadequacies of this one, but it is better than nothing... and the allusions towards being gay are more powerful than if they had just showed two guys kissing for a few seconds in a corridor of the Enterprise.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
After that, " Cause and Effect."

A nicely played show about the Enterprise being caught up in a mobius strip...in which a series of events replays itself, over and over again...until the crew can figure out a way to break free.

Kinda reminds me of " The Claws of Axos" ep. of Dr Who, where the Doctor has to deal with a time loop.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
"The Inner Light" is on now. It is a fan fav, and one of my top ten faves too!

SPOILER!!

Spoilers ahead!

Imagine living a lifetime inside your mind..everything seems totally real to you...except that it is actually an illusion....and takes only 20 minutes from start to finish in real time. Awesome!

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Actually, "Inner Light" ended and " Time's Arrow part 1" is on right now...

SPOILER!

SPOILER SPACE!!

Another great one which is a Data episode..and a whole lot more!

One of my favs. I love a good time travel story! It's nothing to lose your head over, though!

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
And "Time's Arrow part 2" was just on a while ago. It was very good! Love to see how everything worked out okay!

On Spike Tv earlier today :

" The Dauphin"... Wesley falls in love. Done very well. Wish I had not been so busy today, I only saw the last 10 minutes of it... but the end was excellent, as always.

After that : " Contagion". The Enterprise systems get infected with an alien program that could destroy the ship. Well done. Look for late actor Thalamus Rassula as Captain of the Enterprise's sister ship, the Yamato.

"Hotel Royale." Was busy again and missed most of it. It's not one of my favs, but it is good.

life." - Tuvok.

Unbreakable
3000+ posts
Unbreakable
3000+ posts
I saw two arse-kicking episodes yesterday, the 1st called "Retribution". Both were about my man Worf, had a Klingon Civil War, conspiring Romulans and on top of it Tascha Yar's daughter, who've growned into a lil' bitch!

I've also read some (translated) ST issues (in the US from Marvel), with the original crew. I like Klingons as villains, but I find it odd that they were conspiring so much. Behaved more like Romulans.

"Batman is only meaningful as an answer to a world which in its basics is chaotic and in the hands of the wrong people, where no justice can be found. I think it's very suitable to our perception of the world's condition today... Batman embodies the will to resist evil" -Frank Miller

"Conan, what's the meaning of life?"
"To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!"
-Conan the Barbarian

"Well, yeah."
-Jason E. Perkins

"If I had a dime for every time Pariah was right about something I'd owe twenty cents."
-Ultimate Jaburg53

"Fair enough. I defer to your expertise."
-Prometheus

Rack MisterJLA!
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Quote:

Captain Sweden said:
I saw two arse-kicking episodes yesterday, the 1st called "Retribution". Both were about my man Worf, had a Klingon Civil War, conspiring Romulans and on top of it Tascha Yar's daughter, who've growned into a lil' bitch!

I've also read some (translated) ST issues (in the US from Marvel), with the original crew. I like Klingons as villains, but I find it odd that they were conspiring so much. Behaved more like Romulans.

That is the nature of Klingons. They are warriors, but there are devious Klingons, too. They are like any other species in the galaxy...good, bad, loyal, unfaithful, etc.

Yeah, Klingons are cool.

Tasha's daughter is NOTHING at all like her. Wow! What a cold bitch!

The two part story with Worf to which you are referring to is "Redemption", and yes, they are an arse kicking pair of episodes!

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
"Q WHO" was on Spike Tv today... I was lying in bed about to take a nap when it came on. I forced myself to stay awake for it, as it is in my top ten fav. Next Gen. episodes!

It has it all! Guinan! Q! And...introducing, The BORG!!!

This is my fav. BORG episode...the VERY first one. We see for the first time what they can do, and learn about their nature.

Q : " It's Micro - brain with the big head! Growl for me, let me know you still care!"

Next up was "Samaritan Snare." Dammit, I couldn't stay awake for it, too bad, as I like this one a LOT!

Picard has to get an operation. He departs for a starbase
in a shutlle piloted by Wesley Crusher, who is reporting for testing for Starfleet Academy.

I know, I have seen it maybe 25 times, but wish I had stayed awake for it!

I also slept through " Up The Long Ladder.", which is an ok episode about cloning.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
"Schisms" is on now..another VERY good Next Gen. episode!!

Here is Data's poem, which he read in the episode during a poetry reading..it is about his cat, Spot:

"ODE TO SPOT."

Felis Cattus, is your taxonomic nomenclature,
an endothermic quadruped carnivorous by nature?
Your visual, olfactory and auditory senses
contribute to your hunting skills, and natural defenses.

I find myself intrigued by your subvocal oscillations,
a singular development of cat communications
that obviates your basic hedonistic predilection
for a rhythmic stroking of your fur, to demonstrate affection.

A tail is quite essential for your acrobatic talents;
you would not be so agile if you lacked its counterbalance.
And when not being utilized to aide in locomotion,
it often serves to illustrate the state of your emotion.

O Spot, the complex levels of behaviour you display
connote a fairly well-developed cognitive array.
And though you are not sentient, Spot, and do not comprehend,
I nonetheless consider you a true and valued friend.

Data, "Schisms"

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts

Computer, end program and save... exit holodeck.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Always wanted to say that.

life." - Tuvok.

Unbreakable
3000+ posts
Unbreakable
3000+ posts
Saw the 2nd ep. with Cardassians, and the 1st with Bajorans. Good but I didn't really liked them when I saw Deep Space 9 years ago. Nothing's like Klingons, Romulans and Borg.

Saw also an ep in which Picard and crew tries to communicate with a "new" species, who were (later discoved) using references to their mythology to describe things.

"Shacka, when the walls fell!"

"Juliet, on the balcony."

"Batman is only meaningful as an answer to a world which in its basics is chaotic and in the hands of the wrong people, where no justice can be found. I think it's very suitable to our perception of the world's condition today... Batman embodies the will to resist evil" -Frank Miller

"To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!"
-Conan the Barbarian

"Well, yeah."
-Jason E. Perkins

"If I had a dime for every time Pariah was right about something I'd owe twenty cents."
-Ultimate Jaburg53

-Prometheus

Rack MisterJLA!
Unbreakable
3000+ posts
Unbreakable
3000+ posts
Quote:

Beardguy57 said:

When I was in Ukraine at an exchange trip for High School, there was a paryt in the later days and signed our names and greetings on a paper. I wrote "Live Long In Prosper, from Marcus". Guess I'm a geek too.

-Conan the Barbarian

"Well, yeah."
-Jason E. Perkins

-Ultimate Jaburg53

-Prometheus

Rack MisterJLA!
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Quote:

Captain Sweden said:
Saw the 2nd ep. with Cardassians, and the 1st with Bajorans. Good but I didn't really liked them when I saw Deep Space 9 years ago. Nothing's like Klingons, Romulans and Borg.

Saw also an ep in which Picard and crew tries to communicate with a "new" species, who were (later discoved) using references to their mythology to describe things.

"Shacka, when the walls fell!"

"Juliet, on the balcony."

This is "Darmok."

It is one of my all time favorite episodes!

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Quote:

Captain Sweden said:
Quote:

Beardguy57 said:

When I was in Ukraine at an exchange trip for High School, there was a paryt in the later days and signed our names and greetings on a paper. I wrote "Live Long In Prosper, from Marcus". Guess I'm a geek too.

Make it so!!

life." - Tuvok.

Unbreakable
3000+ posts
Unbreakable
3000+ posts
Quote:

Beardguy57 said:
Quote:

Captain Sweden said:
Quote:

Beardguy57 said:

Make it so!!

-Conan the Barbarian

"Well, yeah."
-Jason E. Perkins

-Ultimate Jaburg53

-Prometheus

Rack MisterJLA!
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
"Chain Of Command" is on again; I never tire of this one, either....

"There .... are.... four...lights!!!"

Always been fond of any episode that explores how strong and dynamic a character Captain Picard is.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
"Ship In a Bottle" was just on again. It is an amusing tale about the return of Professor Morairity, who, in addition to being an intruiging character, is the basis for the Holographic Doctor..the Emergency Medical Program.. who was in the series Star Trek: Voyager.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
"Face of the Enemy" was on G4 last night... I never really cared for it much but last night? I really got into it! It was fun seeing Deanna shine in this episode which featurred her.

SPOILERS!!!

She was kidnapped and brought aboard a Romulan ship to facilitate the escape of three Romulans who were Federation informers. She had been surgically altered to pass for Romulan. She was supposed to be a member of the Tal' Shi' Ar, the Romulan equivalent of the KGB.

She did a fantastic job in this one!

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
"Who Watches The Watchers" is on Spike TV right now!
It's in my top ten fav. Next Gen. episodes. Picard encounters a non technological race who mistakenly believe him to be a GOD.

Excellent!!!!

life." - Tuvok.

notnotnotnotnotnotnotwedge
2500+ posts
notnotnotnotnotnotnotwedge
2500+ posts
Is he Kir-ock?

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
No, he's THE PICARD.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
"I wish you safe journeys, Picard."

Wow.

I like "Who watches the Watchers" more with every time I see it!

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
"Tapestry" is on now! Another one from my top ten!

Q : " You heard me..You're dead and I'm GOD!"

Picard : " You are not GOD! I refuse to believe that the universe is that badly designed!"

I have something good to watch while I fold laundry!

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Today on Spike TV :

"Booby Trap"... a good one! First time we see Leah Brahms, whom we see next season, and hear of in "All Good Things."

"The Enemy".... another good one, and that makes two Geordi episodes in a row. As has been mentioned before, the third season is when the show really begins to come into it's own, and is clearly the worthy successor to TOS it was meant to be.

"The Price"...a Counselor Troi episode. A good one, too, as she falls for a man who is holding back a secret from her.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
"Birthright parts 1 &2 " was on G4. It rocks! A great Worf
episode, which focused mostly on Data in part one, had a Worf subplot, and then was all about Worf in part two as he goes to see if his father is still alive.

" Starship Mine" is on now... a great Picard episode, as a barrion ray is sweeping the ship..he's trapped onboard with a group of energy stealing thieves for company.

life." - Tuvok.

Unbreakable
3000+ posts
Unbreakable
3000+ posts
First, the return of Wesley, who has to take on a new computer game fad which makes most of the crew addicted...

Second, the return of my man SPOCK! In Romulus! Have to see the 2nd part on Friday!

-Conan the Barbarian

"Well, yeah."
-Jason E. Perkins

-Ultimate Jaburg53

-Prometheus

Rack MisterJLA!
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Been watching the live feed from Christie's of New York Auction for some of the Trek props. Some dude just won a phaser rifle for $10,000! Man, can you imagine having enough money to just blow 10-grand on a tv prop?

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
No!

life." - Tuvok.

Page 9 of 40 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 39 40

Link Copied to Clipboard