Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 22 of 40 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 39 40
Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
Voyager was a complete piece of shit, and why do people remember episode names???

Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
IDW publishes Klingon Language Comic...

While Starfleet personnel of the 24th century view Klingons as their allies, in the Star Trek universe of Captain Kirk’s time, the Klingons were always viewed as being on the wrong side of their struggles with the United Federation of Planets. As a species, they were allegedly responsible for some reprehensible acts (resulting in some classic TV episodes and movies), but were they really in the wrong? Or did they just not have a fair chance to present their side of the story?

Starting in April, they’ll get their chance. Star Trek: Klingons: Blood Will Tell is a new, five-part miniseries that will finally give the Klingons their due. In this special miniseries, we will see five historic Federation-Klingon incidents revisited through the eyes of the Klingon people. After this miniseries, you may never be able to look at episodes like “A Private Little War” or “The Trouble with Tribbles” in the same way again. These stories, viewed from the Klingon perspective, will explain much more of why the Klingon Empire functions the way it does.

Star Trek: Klingons: Blood Will Tell features the pairing of the Angel: Auld Lang Syne creative team of writer Scott Tipton (here aided by his brother, David Tipton) and artist David Messina. The first issue centers on an unsteady peace that breaks into full-scale war after a Klingon cruiser is destroyed by the Federation Starship Enterprise. And issue two will, at long last, examine the result of Montgomery Scott’s beaming of thousands of tribbles onto a Klingon cruiser. Artist Joe Corroney (24: Nightfall) will join Messina in providing variant covers for this series.

To herald this special event a bit more, the first issue of Star Trek: Klingons: Blood Will Tell will be offered with a unique variant—the issue will be available in a standard edition or in a special 40-page Klingon Language Edition, accompanied by the original script in English to aid translation.

Star Trek: Klingons: Blood Will Tell #1 (item code FEB07 3520) debuts in April as a 32-page comic book or a special 40-page Klingon language edition.

TM, ® & © 2007 CBS Studios Inc. All Rights Reserved. STAR TREK and related marks are trademarks of CBS Studios Inc.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Quote:

Pig Iron said:
Voyager was a complete piece of shit, and why do people remember episode names???

Voyager will never be my favorite Trek show; currently, Next Gen. and DS9 are in a tug of war for that position.

Voyager : I like the show. Can't tell you why. I just do.

"I offer you a Vulcan prayer, Mr Suder. May your

death bring you the peace you never found in

life." - Tuvok.

Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
I would rather braid My Little Pony hair than watch Voyager.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts

life." - Tuvok.

Tabarnak!
6000+ posts
Tabarnak!
6000+ posts
Quote:

Pig Iron said:
I would rather braid My Little Pony hair than watch Voyager.

Can't you do both? I often find myself plaiting Rainbow Dash's hair while watching a movie. It's a very unobtrusive activity that requires really no attention...and beats snacking or smoking.

If karma's a bitch, it will be my bitch!
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts

Quote:

Pig Iron said:

because they had simple titles that were often one word long.
Quote:

Beardguy57 said:

I understand. Its terrible compared to the others, but there was a good charm to the characters that makes it enjoyable even if its not satisfying.

Bow ties are coool.
Unbreakable
3000+ posts
Unbreakable
3000+ posts
Quote:

the G-man said:
You're just upset because Trek accurately captured how sissy the English look

That's the Q child from TOS? I think he was a young Q... even if the Q-continuum wasn't created yet.

"Batman is only meaningful as an answer to a world which in its basics is chaotic and in the hands of the wrong people, where no justice can be found. I think it's very suitable to our perception of the world's condition today... Batman embodies the will to resist evil" -Frank Miller

"Conan, what's the meaning of life?"
"To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!"
-Conan the Barbarian

"Well, yeah."
-Jason E. Perkins

"If I had a dime for every time Pariah was right about something I'd owe twenty cents."
-Ultimate Jaburg53

"Fair enough. I defer to your expertise."
-Prometheus

Rack MisterJLA!
Unbreakable
3000+ posts
Unbreakable
3000+ posts
Quote:

Pig Iron said:

While Starfleet personnel of the 24th century view Klingons as their allies, in the Star Trek universe of Captain Kirk’s time, the Klingons were always viewed as being on the wrong side of their struggles with the United Federation of Planets. As a species, they were allegedly responsible for some reprehensible acts (resulting in some classic TV episodes and movies), but were they really in the wrong? Or did they just not have a fair chance to present their side of the story?

Starting in April, they’ll get their chance. Star Trek: Klingons: Blood Will Tell is a new, five-part miniseries that will finally give the Klingons their due. In this special miniseries, we will see five historic Federation-Klingon incidents revisited through the eyes of the Klingon people. After this miniseries, you may never be able to look at episodes like “A Private Little War” or “The Trouble with Tribbles” in the same way again. These stories, viewed from the Klingon perspective, will explain much more of why the Klingon Empire functions the way it does.

Star Trek: Klingons: Blood Will Tell features the pairing of the Angel: Auld Lang Syne creative team of writer Scott Tipton (here aided by his brother, David Tipton) and artist David Messina. The first issue centers on an unsteady peace that breaks into full-scale war after a Klingon cruiser is destroyed by the Federation Starship Enterprise. And issue two will, at long last, examine the result of Montgomery Scott’s beaming of thousands of tribbles onto a Klingon cruiser. Artist Joe Corroney (24: Nightfall) will join Messina in providing variant covers for this series.

To herald this special event a bit more, the first issue of Star Trek: Klingons: Blood Will Tell will be offered with a unique variant—the issue will be available in a standard edition or in a special 40-page Klingon Language Edition, accompanied by the original script in English to aid translation.

Star Trek: Klingons: Blood Will Tell #1 (item code FEB07 3520) debuts in April as a 32-page comic book or a special 40-page Klingon language edition.

TM, ® & © 2007 CBS Studios Inc. All Rights Reserved. STAR TREK and related marks are trademarks of CBS Studios Inc.

That sounds like a great idea for a Star Trek story!

"Batman is only meaningful as an answer to a world which in its basics is chaotic and in the hands of the wrong people, where no justice can be found. I think it's very suitable to our perception of the world's condition today... Batman embodies the will to resist evil" -Frank Miller

"To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!"
-Conan the Barbarian

"Well, yeah."
-Jason E. Perkins

"If I had a dime for every time Pariah was right about something I'd owe twenty cents."
-Ultimate Jaburg53

-Prometheus

Rack MisterJLA!
Unbreakable
3000+ posts
Unbreakable
3000+ posts
Quote:

Beardguy57 said:
Quote:

Captain Sweden said:
One thing I like with TNG is that in the lesser episodes, there is some detail that will build up into a story-line later on.

I hear that!

My fave season one Next Gen. eps:

Conspiracy
Skin Of Evil
The Neutral Zone
Datalore
The Naked Now
We'll Always have Paris

Those are great ep:s!

How many episodes had Season 1? I wonder if I have enough cassettes, if not for the whole season, at least for getting those you mentioned.

I recorded the 1st story with Daimon Bok. In a way, he's the most human Ferengi, in the sense that he nurtures a very human vice (revenge), to the point that other Ferengis thinks he's a liability.

-Conan the Barbarian

"Well, yeah."
-Jason E. Perkins

-Ultimate Jaburg53

-Prometheus

Rack MisterJLA!
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Captain SWeden : I believe there are 26 first season episodes for Next Gen.

Today : DS9 - " The Reckoning " - This was a superb episode, where Sisko is taken to a relic on Bajor. He has a vision and faints. This prompts him to take the relic to DS9 for analysis.

Kai Winn objects strongly, but this is due to jealousy on her part because the Prophets will not speak to her.

Sisko smashes the relic in frustration, though he admits later to Dax that he felt the Prophets wanted him to do so.

A red and a blue energy were both released; these turn out to be a Prophet and a Pa Wraith, who later take over Kira and Jake Sisko's bodies.. Jake has the evil Pa Wraith inside him, and Kira, the Prophet.

A battle ensues, just as the station is being evacuated.

A way to use chronoton energy to make the spirits leave their host bodies is set up, but Sisko wants to let the battle play out.. he is willing to sacrifice his own son for his beliefs, a decision he did not make lightly.

Kai Winn goes and activates the Chronoton energy, which forces the spirits out of Kira and Jake.

At episodes' end, Sisko is talking with Jake in sickbay.

This was a superb episode about one's faith. I fucking loved it!

Next Gen : " Shades Of Gray " Riker gets poked by an alien thorn which is paralyzing him. They show clips from previous episodes. Boring boring boring. It would even bore Waybe Boring!

" Evolution " At last!! We are into the third season of Next Generation! This is where the show improved dramatically!

New gaberdeen uniforms replaced the skin tight deals the cast had to endure for the first two seasons. They had admitted those uniforms had been tight and uncomfortable.

Data behaved more like an android and less like Pincochio. He was not anxious to imitate humans, or be like them. He moved his head in a mechanical fashion.

Worf's character is delved into more than ever before. We get to fionally see the Klingon homeworld! We learn that Worf has a brother.

Friendships evolve.

Troi, Worf, Geordi, Dr. Crusher, Data, Riker, Picard.. they are all spotlighted and grow as characters.

The trend of excellent shows began with the third season, and would continue through the next four seasons.

We would get : The Most Toys, The Offspring, The Survivors, Who Watches The Watchers, Best Of Both Worlds part 1, Sarek, Menage a Troi, Deja Q, Tin Man, Hollow Pursuits, The Bonding, Booby Trap, The Enemy,
The High Ground, The Ensigns Of Command, and Yesterday's Enterprise, which are ALL excellent episodes!

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Quote:

Pig Iron said:

This sounds interesting!

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Quote:

Karl Hungus said:

Quote:

Pig Iron said:

because they had simple titles that were often one word long.
Quote:

Beardguy57 said:

I understand. Its terrible compared to the others, but there was a good charm to the characters that makes it enjoyable even if its not satisfying.

That sums up how I feel, exactly!

Voyager : " Dreadnaught" - B'Elanna has to stop a huge robot missle she helped program back in the Alpa quadrant, which was also pulled with Voyager and the Maqui ship into the Delta Quadrant...

Janeway swears to save a planet of whom it's 2 million inhabitants had been warned by the Kazon that Voyager was hostile; she tells the planet's leader that she will ram Voyager into the robot missle if she has to in order to stop it, thus gaining the planet's trust.. and she is about to do so until a quick thinking B'Elanna saves the day.

It was a good, though not great episode.

" Deathwish " - This was a great one! A Q is beamed aboard Voyager when Voyager is curious about the contents hidden in a comet.

He wants to die, but all his attempts to use his power to do so inevitibly fail.

Q played by John DeLancie guest stars. He tries to dissuade Q from wanting to die.

Tuvok is the suicidal Q's lawyer; if Q wins his case, he will be granted mortality, and thus, the right to die. Janeway is the judge.

Q takes Q, Janeway and Tuvok to the continuum, which looks like a single house on a long, lonely stretch of desert highway. Q points out how the Continum offers no stimulation; no one talks as everyone there has already seen and done it all!

Q tries to bribe Janeway : Rule against the right to die, and he'll send Voyager back to Earth!

Jonathan Frakes guest stars. It is good to see Commander Riker again!

This is a great episode in that it discusses the right to die by suicide, which the Vulcans believe in when an individual is terminally ill.

life." - Tuvok.

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
DS9 : Was excellent! " Valiant " - a Defiant class ship with high school age Star Fleet " Best of The Best " kids.

Nog and Jake Sisko are in a runabout enroute to Ferenganar when attacked by a Dominoin ship; they are rescued by the USS Valiant. All the adult officers were killed. The ship has been 8 months into Dominoin territory, looking for a huge batle cruiser. When they find it, it's teenage Captain is over confident and attacks the ship against Jake's protests.

All except Jake, Nog, and one 17 year old girl officer are killed.. they alone escaped in a pod.

A painful yet excellently done lesson about not taking on more than you can handle.

Next Generation : " The Ensigns Of Command " - Data must convince a 15,000 strong colony that they must leave their planet, or be destroyed by the Shelliac.

" The Survivors " - Two elderly people are the sole survivors of an alien attack on a colony of 11, 000.

Both episodes are very good!

Voyager : The Doctor falls in love with a Vidian woman. A tale of real love and acceptance of people in spite of their appearance.

After that, Tom Paris leaves Voyager. A spy is found on Voyager. Neelix catches him and is a Hero.

BOTH episodes were quite good!

No Star Trek till Monday. Have a great weekend!

life." - Tuvok.

The Once, and Future Cunt
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Quote:

Beardguy57 said:

" Deathwish " - This was a great one! A Q is beamed aboard Voyager when Voyager is curious about the contents hidden in a comet.

He wants to die, but all his attempts to use his power to do so inevitibly fail.

Q played by John DeLancie guest stars. He tries to dissuade Q from wanting to die.

Tuvok is the suicidal Q's lawyer; if Q wins his case, he will be granted mortality, and thus, the right to die. Janeway is the judge.

Q takes Q, Janeway and Tuvok to the continuum, which looks like a single house on a long, lonely stretch of desert highway. Q points out how the Continum offers no stimulation; no one talks as everyone there has already seen and done it all!

Q tries to bribe Janeway : Rule against the right to die, and he'll send Voyager back to Earth!

Jonathan Frakes guest stars. It is good to see Commander Riker again!

This is a great episode in that it discusses the right to die by suicide, which the Vulcans believe in when an individual is terminally ill.

I hated this episode.

Unbreakable
3000+ posts
Unbreakable
3000+ posts
Thanks Beardguy!

Over 20 episodes per season... A bit more than Battlestar Galactica huh?

-Conan the Barbarian

"Well, yeah."
-Jason E. Perkins

-Ultimate Jaburg53

-Prometheus

Rack MisterJLA!
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I do not know.. I am not into Battlestar Gallactica.

life." - Tuvok.

400+ posts
400+ posts
Would someone explain warp drive to me? Is it the number times the speed of light? It probably been explained in the series several times,but I don't watch enough Trek to get all that info.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Quote:

Good Question said:
Would someone explain warp drive to me? Is it the number times the speed of light? It probably been explained in the series several times,but I don't watch enough Trek to get all that info.

It's a plot device that allows the shows characters to travel great distances in space in much less time than it actually would take them.

terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
Quote:

Ultimate Jaburg53 said:
Quote:

Good Question said:

It's a plot device that allows the shows characters to travel great distances in space in much less time than it actually would take them.

read it and weep

Warp Speed in TOS = (warp factor3) x c

Warp Speed in TNG = (warp factor(10/3)) x c

Last edited by Captain Sammitch; 2007-01-27 11:43 PM.

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Has anyone been watching these?

Apparently, Paramount has remastered the Original Series and put in some new special effects for a syndication run.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I'm not into the original series, G Man.... but I do have a question :

Why, in " Q Who" , when Q threw the ship 7,000 light years away from the Alpha Quadrant, was it said that it would take 2.5 years at high warp to return home....

While, in Voyager, Janeway says in the first episode :

" It will take just over 70 years to travel the 75,000 light years back to Earth."

life." - Tuvok.

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Quote:

Beardguy57 said:
I'm not into the original series

Quote:

but I do have a question :

Why, in " Q Who" , when Q threw the ship 7,000 light years away from the Alpha Quadrant, was it said that it would take 2.5 years at high warp to return home....

" It will take just over 70 years to travel the 75,000 light years back to Earth."

As noted above, the writers played fast and loose with the mathmatics of warp speed. We just have to accept it or else someone will be forced to post a Youtube clip of Shatner telling us to "get a life."

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Quote:

the G-man said:
Quote:

Beardguy57 said:
I'm not into the original series

Quote:

but I do have a question :

As noted above, the writers played fast and loose with the mathmatics of warp speed. We just have to accept it or else someone will be forced to post a Youtube clip of Shatner telling us to "get a life."

Your answer is most logical, G -Man.

life." - Tuvok.

terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
Quote:

Captain Sammitch said:
Quote:

Ultimate Jaburg53 said:
Quote:

Good Question said:

read it and weep

Warp Speed in TOS = (warp factor3) x c

Warp Speed in TNG = (warp factor(10/3)) x c

Thanks for playing. Y'alls coulda learned something.

x Zanzibar

Sincerely,
lungfish

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts

I'm just sayin'
10000+ posts
I'm just sayin'
10000+ posts
The original series is the only Star Trek I'll watch or ever care about.

It's a dog eat dog world & I'm wearing milkbone underwear.

I can get you a toe.

1,999,999+ points.

Damn you and your lemonade!!

Booooooooooooooobs.
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Genius!!

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts

Yeah, that was fucking brilliant.

Looking at the clips they used. I noticed that "flying barf" monsters clinging to the walls. If there's a special effect I look foward to seeing redone in the "remastered" versions that's right up there.

Even as a little kid I thought that one was incredibly lame.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Quote:

the G-man said:

Yeah, that was fucking brilliant.

Looking at the clips they used. I noticed that "flying barf" monsters clinging to the walls. If there's a special effect I look foward to seeing redone in the "remastered" versions that's right up there.

Even as a little kid I thought that one was incredibly lame.

As a kid when I first saw that episode, " Plastic flying barf monsters " is exactly what I thought of, too.

The episode was good... a take off on Robert Heinlein's novel, " The Puppet Masters."

Sigh.. I guess sometime, I'll have to go back and watch TOS... I grew up with it.. and, it is where Trek all began.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I think that ep was called " Operation Annihilate."

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
DS9 was boring for a change. Quark got dressed in drag.

Yawn.

Next Generation : Two of my faves from the third season:

" Who Watches The Watchers " - Picard is mistaken for a God by a proto - Vulcan race on Mintaka 3. This episode deals with life, death, deism, and how a superior but still human race can seem God - like to a far less advanced race. Excellent episode!

" The Bonding " - A young boy's mother - her name is Lt. Marla Astor - is killed on an away mission to a planet no longer inhabited by corporeal life forms. Thier are also energy life forms.. and one of them leaves the planet and takes on the appearance of the boy's mother!

The energy being attempts to take the boy, who is convinced at least at first that she is his mother come back for him, until Captain Picard is able to convince the creature that death and loss of a loved one is something that humans must deal with, not run from.

Very powerful episode!

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I'm watching and taping Star Trek : Enterprise on Sci Fi channel.

" Dear Doctor " was on first. It was ok. The Doctor has a dilemma... ought he to help a sick race of aliens? This is a pre - prime directive episode.

" Sleeping Dogs." - 3 crewmen from Enterprise take a shuttle pod into the upper atmosphere of a gas giant planet to find an alien ship they detected... and the ship has Klingons on board!

The Klingons are all unconscious.

A female Klingon awakens and takes the shuttle pod. Enterprise catches it with their grappler.

The three crewmen from Enterprise are stranded

It is only half over, and it is pretty good.

life." - Tuvok.

Bacontwat!!
100+ posts
Bacontwat!!
100+ posts
Thats cockgay!

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
DS 9 was cool. It was a take off on Illyana Rasputin's life; that is, Molly, daughter of Kieko and Miles O'Brien was with her parents on a picnic on a planet. She walks through a small dimensional portal... and reappears through it... at least a decade or more older!

Unlike Illyana, Molly had not learned the dark arts... or anything at all..her older self barely spoke at all.. she had been alone for many years in a cave!

She is out of time. She is Molly, but not the Molly they once knew. Kieko and Miles are understandably upset.

She goes back through the portal... encourages her younger slef who has only been there for a few days to go through it again.. and all is well.

A very good episode.

Next Generation : " Booby Trap " - a great one! The Enterprise is trapped in a minefield which is the debris from an interplanetary war. There are asceston assimilators in many of the larger debris... they drain the Enterprise, which was there visiting a ship that had been trapped in the same trap 1,000 years ago.

Many huge boulders contain radiation producing machines.. which slowly killed the ship's crew.

The same machines will kill the Enterprise crew in 26 minutes.. after their shields are drained of power.

Geordi meets a holo version of a beautiful woman propulsion expert named Lea Brahms. He enlists her aid in figuring out a way to escape the deadly debris field. He falls in love with her in the process. She advocates giving the ship's computer control to get out... but..

Picard figures out that the only way to get out is to use just enough impulse power .. engines on for a few seconds, then off again..to glide through, and using a large aasteroid's gravity, to gain enough monentum to escape.

Nicely done!

Next : " The Enemy " - Geordi, while on the surface of a very stormy planet with Riker and Worf, while investigating the wreckage of a small Romulan craft, is left behind.

He falls into a deep pit. Unharmed, he uses his phaser to cut a metal pic out of some elements he sees with his visor.

He climbs out and sees that Wesley Crusher has sent down a probe which emits a stationary nuetrino pulse. All Geordi has to do is go to it, and modify the pulse, letting the Enterprise know he is there and can thus be beamed aboard. Another Romulan survivor on the planet, who is ill from the planet's deadly environment clobbers Geordi from behind, takes his weapons and drags him to a cave.

A Rolulan survivor who was badly injured was beamed aboard Enterprise,.. Worf could help him with his bone marrow, but his hatred of Romulans ( From them killing his parents at Kitomer ) prevents him from doing so.. and the Romulan dies.. and Romulan Commander Tomalak is on his way to pick up the survivor!

Geordi finally convinces the ailing Romulan to let him go to the nuetrino pulse to modify it when his visor cuts out...
the stormy atmosphere is bad for lifeforms!

With the Romulan warbird approaching, Picard braces for an incident that could lead to a war between The Romulans and the Federation.

There is a window of opportunity to beam Geordi back up.. and it is coming in a very few minutes.

Geordi, though he is now blind, is able to instruct the Romulan on how to connect the visor to his tricorder to get it to become a " Nuetrino gieger counter. "

The two find the probe and alter the nuetrino pulse.

Picard is now confronting the Romulan warbird; Tomalak knows his man is dead, ceases communications, and powers up disruptors.

Wesley reports that the nuetrino beacon is now modulating; the window to beam Geordi up will close in minutes.

Picard messages the Warbird of his intentions. He drops shields and beams up Geordi and the Romulan.

Tomalak answers, and beams the crewman aboard. The two ships depart the Neutral Zone.

A great episode!

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Star Trek : Voyager - " The Thaw "

Voyager picks up an automated message from the Kohl settlement, whose members survived an environmental catastrophe by going into artificial hibernation. The crew beams their hibernation pods on board and finds two humanoids dead and three in deep stasis, their minds connected to a sensory system controlled by a computer. The Doctor reveals that the two victims died from heart failure, brought on by mental stress — or extreme fear.

Hoping to learn how to revive the survivors, Kim and Torres enter two pods and are attached to the computer, which allows them to enter the colonists' dream state. They're thrown into an environment that resembles a bizarre carnival run by a malevolent Clown, whose followers quickly drag Kim to a guillotine.

Although the Clown spares Kim, the pair suddenly understand how the Kohl could literally be frightened to death. Because the Clown's survival depends on the colonists' minds remaining linked to the sensory system, the Kohl — and now Kim and Torres — can't awaken because the Clown won't allow it. The computer has manifested the worst fears of their subconscious minds into the persona of the Clown; they are now prisoners to that fear.

The Clown allows Torres to leave so she can warn the Captain that if the hibernation pods are deactivated, everyone will die. While Janeway contemplates how to negotiate, the Clown torments Kim mercilessly. The Doctor is sent to discuss the release of the hostages but the Clown refuses to cooperate, so Janeway decides to mount a rescue mission to free Kim and the Kohl settlers.

Her first plan fails when the Clown catches on to Torres' attempts to disable his program. Infuriated, he puts a colonist in the guillotine, where the frightened man succumbs to heart failure. To prevent more deaths, Janeway orders Torres to stop.

The Captain comes up with a final offer for the Clown: trade the current captives for Janeway herself. The Clown agrees, only to discover that his prize is only a holographic image. With no one alive left to torment, "Fear" is conquered and he disappears forever.

I like this episode!

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Star Trek: Voyager - " Tuvix "

On an away mission to locate nutritional supplements, Tuvok and Neelix find a promising native orchid. Later, when the crew beams them back to Voyager with samples of the flowers, the pair never arrive. Instead, a single entity appears on the transporter platform. The Doctor confirms that this strange but oddly familiar alien is actually a fusion of Tuvok and Neelix. With all the memories and abilities of the pair, the new crewmember decides to name himself "Tuvix."

The senior officers meet and conclude that the symbiogenetic properties of the orchids the pair carried during transport caused the "merger" that created Tuvix. After the meeting, Tuvix attempts to adjust to his new identity, and Kes tries to adjust to Tuvix. Although she's drawn to him, she is unsettled by the amalgam's affection for her.

After Paris and Torres gather more samples of the alien orchid, they manage to confirm the method of Tuvix's creation by beaming together new plant hybrids, but are unsuccessful in their attempts to reverse the process. The Doctor admits he's not optimistic about bringing Tuvok and Neelix back as separate individuals. On hearing this, Kes mourns the loss of two men: her lover and her mentor.

Kes tells Janeway that despite Tuvix's wonderful qualities, she's not ready to let go of Neelix. Several weeks pass, and Tuvix settles into life aboard the ship. In time, Kes reaches out to him and apologizes for being distant. Just as it looks as if everyone has adjusted to Voyager's new crewmember, the Doctor announces that he's devised a way to restore him to his two original components. There's just one problem: Tuvix doesn't want to die, even if it means allowing the other two men to live.

Tuvix argues that he has a right to survive, and that restoring Tuvok and Neelix's lives amounts to his execution. The Doctor refuses to take Tuvix's life against his will, so in the end, Janeway is forced to take responsibility for performing the procedure. Tuvok and Neelix are fully restored, but Janeway's relief is tempered by the weight of her decision to end Tuvix's life.

This episode is easily of the BEST Voyager eps.

It was sad when Tuvix didn't want to die.. but, for Tuvok and Neelix to live again, it had to be that way.

life." - Tuvok.

Page 22 of 40 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 39 40

Link Copied to Clipboard