Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 23 of 40 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 39 40
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
DS 9 was very good! A distress call from a woman marooned on a planet reaches the crew of the Defiant; crew members take turns talking with her and get to know her a bit.

The woman, a starship Captain, is on a planet with a high carbon dioxide level in it's atmosphere. In spite of injections to help, she is slowly dying.

The Defiant arrives at the planet after a six day trip at high warp, only to find that the planet's bizzare atmosphere caused a time differential or rift.. her messages were three years old, even though the Defiant was able to converse with her.

They took her body back to DS 9 and gave her a wake.

An excellent episode.

Next Gen : " The Price " and " The Vengenace Factor .''

NOT two of my favorites. " The Price was kind od ok, though.

Voyager : The one I've been waiting to tape!

" Basics " parts 1 & 2.

Kazon take over Voyager, and strand the crew on a dangerous, primitive planet, complete with angry cavemen, erupting volcanos and hungry, giant monsters!

Seka in on Voyager with a bay she thinks is Chakotay's from his DNA, but Holo Doc tells her it is NOT Chakotay's baby.. it has half Cardassian and half Kazon DNA!

The crew have to find food, water, build weapons and fight off the pissed of primitives who are indigeous to that planet.

Meanwhile, Tom Paris manges to escape in a shutle before the takeover. He recruits Talaxian help.

The Doctor and Suder are left on Voyager; they do their best to mess up the ship so that the Kazon cannot use warp speed.

Crew on planet lose Logan to the hungry monster.

Cavemen capture Neelix and Kes, but Chakotay saves 'em, with a bit of help from Tuvok and others.
They are attcaked by the cave dudes and must hide in a cave... the monster's cave!

Cavemen start a fire to smoke out the Voyager members in the cave, Janeway and a few others create a distraction and stop the fire.

The monster attacks, but Chakotay and Tuvok cause a cave - in, sealing the monster in.

On Voyager, Suder kills a Kazon and gains a weapon. He is upset that, after gaining control over his killer's instinct, he now has to kill again.

Paris messages the Holo - Doc to disable the back up Phaser power, while he luanches an attack on the primary phaser power with his shuttle.

Seska interrogates the Doc, and, unhappy with his being devious, disables his program.

Suder arrives back in sickbay, and tries to access the Doc's program, but without success.

An automated message the Doc made explains the situation to Suder: He knows it is all up to him now.

On the planet, baby Naomi Wildman is sick, but the cavemen help her get better - after Chakotay saves one of the cave woman from a lava flow and certain death.

Suder kills all the Kazon in engineering, but only wounds one, who fires a fatal shot at him. Suder manages to shut down back up Phaser control before dying. He had wanted to do something for the ship, and he did - he saved it. ( This is where my signature comes from. )

Seska dies from a power feedback. Her baby is ok, and a Kazon guy escapes with it, as all the Kazon abandon ship.

Tom and a Talaxian guy take control of Voyager and pilot
the ship back to where nearly all the crew was stranded.

Tuvok says a vulcan prayer over Suder's body.

A superb two parter!!

"I offer you a Vulcan prayer, Mr Suder. May your

death bring you the peace you never found in

life." - Tuvok.

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
"The Sound of Her Voice" is an excellent DS9 episode.

Bow ties are coool.
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Quote:

Karl Hungus said:
"The Sound of Her Voice" is an excellent DS9 episode.

Thanks for the title! I kept forgetting to look that up during the epsiode!

I agree - it is an excellent episode!

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
DS - 9 : " Tears of The Prophets. "

A fantastic episode.. very nicely done....

But....
Spoilers !

Dax dies at it's conclusion. Sisko leaves DS-9 and is uncertain if he's coming back.

VERY sad ending.

life." - Tuvok.

Kneel!
10000+ posts
Kneel!
10000+ posts
yeah i saw that basics the other night. as soon as tuvok started saying that prayer i thought to beardguys sig...

big_pimp_tim-made it cool to roll in the first damn place!
Mon Jun 11 2007 09:27 PM-harley finally rolled with me
"I'm working with him...he's young but, there is much potential. He can apprentice with me and then he's yours for final training. He will remember the face of his father...

Some day, Knutreturns just may be the greatest of us all...."-THE bastard
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
" The Defector " and " The Hunted " were on Spike today.

" The Defector " is very good, especially the last 10 minutes. A Romulan Commander defects to the Enterprise and leads them on to chasing an untamed ornithoid without cause, due to his having been giving misinformation by his superiors, most likely as a test of his dubious loyalty.

" The Hunted " is a heavy handed metaphor for the vets who served in Vietnam. Vets from a planet that is applying for membership to the Federation have been chemically and psychologically altered to be stronger, faster, and better than the average man don't like being contained on a moon in a sort of penal colony. Several escape and one finds his way on board Enterprise.

It is meant to discuss how Vietnam vets are not being treated well in many ways, that is, forgotten by the country they had fought to protect.

It was okay.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
" Resolutions. "

When Captain Janeway and Chakotay contract an incurable virus they are left on a planet which shields them from its effects. While Janeway searches for a cure, she begins to form a deeper relationship with her first officer. Onboard Voyager, Tuvok, who is now in command, faces a near mutiny.

A cure is found only through a chance ( And almost tragic ) encounter with the Vidians, in which the girl who the Holo Doc helped is able to beam the cure to Voyager.

Janeway and Chakotay are able to return to Voyager.

This one was okay. It was from near the end of the second season, but Spike must have wanted to air both parts of " Basics " the same day ( yesterday. ) which I can go along with.

" Flashback "

After falling ill to what appears to be a repressed memory Tuvok must perform a mind-meld with Captain Janeway in order to survive. The meld takes them back to when Tuvok was a junior science officer aboard the U.S.S. Excelsior under the command of Captain Hikaru Sulu.

It turns out that Tuvok has a virus which piggy backed itself onto this specific memory. Everthing is ok by episode's end.

A bore, basically, except you get to see the bridge of the
U.S.S. Excelsior, with Sulu as Captain.

This was the second episode, third season.

life." - Tuvok.

Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
Heh. Kind of ironic his repressed memory was from a time he was under the command of George Takai, if you know what I mean

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
There is no Star Trek on at all today on Spike as they are having some all day sports special on.

life." - Tuvok.

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
Just to kill time:
The ships of star trek

Phoenix

Warp 1 Colony Ship

Warp 2 prototype

NX Class

Daedalus Class (first class launched after the Federation was founded)

Constitution Class

Constitution Class Refit

Miranda Class

Excelsior Class

Oberth Class

Ambassador Class

Galaxy Class

Nebula Class

Defiant Class

New Orleans Class (seen only at Wolf 359)

Danube Class Runabout

Intrepid Class

Akira Class

Steamrunner Class

Sovereign Class

Nova Class

Prometheus Class (one ship that could split into three for a multi-vector assault).

Unknown Class. Enterprise-J seen only on computer monitor during time travel episode.

Bow ties are coool.
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Quote:

Karl Hungus said:

Prometheus Class (one ship that could split into three for a multi-vector assault).

That is the coolest idea for future Trek ships as I've seen...

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Thanks, Karl! Those pics are magnificent!

life." - Tuvok.

terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
Quote:

Karl Hungus said:
Just to kill time:
The ships of star trek

Phoenix

Warp 1 Colony Ship

Warp 2 prototype

NX Class

Daedalus Class (first class launched after the Federation was founded)

Constitution Class

Constitution Class Refit

Miranda Class

Excelsior Class

Oberth Class

Ambassador Class

Galaxy Class

Nebula Class

Defiant Class

New Orleans Class (seen only at Wolf 359)

Danube Class Runabout

Intrepid Class

Akira Class

Steamrunner Class

Sovereign Class

Nova Class

Unknown Class. Enterprise-J seen only on computer monitor during time travel episode.

There is a comprehensive index of Federation starship classes here.

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Thanks for the site, Phil!

Today on DS9 : Sisko on a planet with the new Dax, his father, and Jake, looking for a sign from the prophets. It was sort of a continuation of " Far Beyond The Stars ", which I stated earlier is easily the BEST DS9 episode, ever! ( the fact that I cannot find it anywhere online in VHS for an American vcr will attest to it's popularity! )

They skipped an episode when Star Trek was not aired last Friday, so, all of a sudden, we have a new Dax.

It was a good episode.

Next Generation : The one where Riker is accused of murdering a scientist who was working on Krieger waves.

It was so so.

" Yesterday's Enterprise " - A fantastic episode!

The Enterprise C appears from out of a space - time rift.
When it does, Worf is no longer on the Enterprise 1701 - D, and Tasha Yar is once again alive. Guinan, who is a being whose perception goesbeyond linear time, is the only one aboad the Enterprise D who realizes this new timeline is not right.

She tells Picard her misgivings, and he is skeptical at first, but believes her.

The Enterprise C was meant to defend a Klingon post from Romulans. This ended the war with the Klingons, but that never happened now in this skewed timeline.

The Enterprise C is repaired, and with a minimum crew including Tasha Yar, re-enters the rift, and normal time is once again restored.

A magnificent episode!

Voyager : " Swarm " - strange aliens are menacing Voyager. The Holo Doc starts losing his memory due to degradation of his program.

The aliens are backed off at the last minute; the Doctor is given a fix by grafting the memory pattern of a holgram of his creator, Dr Zimmerman.

Lame!

Next episode : The missing Ferengi from " The Price " who went through the Barzan wormhole meet the Voyager crew. Hilarity ensues!

Kinda boring, but watchable if you are a rabid Trek fan.. such as myself.

life." - Tuvok.

notnotnotnotnotnotnotwedge
2500+ posts
2500+ posts
The DS9 episode was good.

The best part of the Riker on trial episode was Data being an art critic. The rest of the episode didn't quite get to the level of "meh."

Didn't watch the rest.

terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
Quote:

notwedge said:

The best part of the Riker on trial episode was Data being an art critic. The rest of the episode didn't quite get to the level of "meh."

Didn't watch the rest.

Notwedge has Garak for an avatar!

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Quote:

Captain Sammitch said:
Quote:

notwedge said:

Didn't watch the rest.

Notwedge has Garak for an avatar!

I noticed that right away; in fact, Garak plays a big role in today's DS9 episode.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Am very tired so will make this brief :

DS 9 : Garak has claustrophobia, and Ezri Dax is all emo because she doesn't feel she has what it takes to be on DS9.

By episodes' end, Dax decides she will stay and she finds out why Garak is having problems.

It was a good one, but I am waiting for " Take Me Out To The Holo- Suite", one of my faves!

Next Generation :

" The Offspring " and " Sins Of The Father. "

These are both excellent episodes!

Voyager : Both episodes were good. In the first, B'Elanna is having bad dreams while a race of telepathic aliens is on Voyager.. it seems a mass extermination was being covered up on her planet. B'Elanna tells the aliens who deny it; one belives her only after a mind link with B'Elanna.

Second one - Kes gets messed up by an alien temple. Janeway volunteers to go through a ritual in the hopes she will learn what is needed to help Kes.

She does all manner of strange things, from drawing to getting bitten by a creature.

Finally, she realizes that faith will enable her to save Kes.. and so, she takes Kes through the Temple, and Kes is all better.

I like the part about faith very much.

life." - Tuvok.

terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
I can't believe you didn't delve into TNG: The Offspring. Probably THE best pre-3/4 cliffhanger episode, and very possibly one of the best TNG episodes, period.

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Quote:

Captain Sammitch said:
I can't believe you didn't delve into TNG: The Offspring. Probably THE best pre-3/4 cliffhanger episode, and very possibly one of the best TNG episodes, period.

Phil!

I've reviewed " The Offspring "a billion times! I love this one best of all the Next Gen. episodes!

Best Quotes :

" I do not wish to be different. "

" So, without understanding humor, I have somehow mastered it. "

" What are your intention towards my daughter? "

And Data's speech to Lal about how " We must strive to be more than we are - the fact that we never reach our goal is not as important as the struggle itself. The effort yields its' own rewards. " was my sig for about 5 months!

Data creates an android daughter, Lal, whose programming actually exceeds his own, as she can use contractions..she can feel love but emotions overload her positronic net, and she suffers a cascade failure and must be deactivated.

life." - Tuvok.

terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
Quote:

Beardguy57 said:
" What are your intention towards my daughter? "

Perhaps one of the most hilarious moments in all of TNG. The fact that it involves Riker is a no-brainer. The fact that Riker has been OFF THE SHIP the entire episode and has no clue what is going on makes it even funnier than it already would have been.

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
DS-9 : " Take Me Out To The Holo - Suite " - EXCELLENT episode!! Sisko tries to shape the DS 9 bridge crew into a baseball team capable of defeating a rival Vulcan guy's team.

Sisko learns to lighten up a bit on being so competitive, and his team comes to respect his dream and become more competitive.

You bet I taped it!

Next Gen : " Allegiance " Not a bad one. Aliens kidnap Picard and 3 others, putting them into a room with food an anarchist cannot eat. They are pitted against one another, and Picard must figure this one out.. meanwhile, a duplicate Picard is on the Enterprise and takes it very close to a Pulsar, which deadly radiations could kill the entire crew. I like!

" Captain's Holiday " Picard goes to Ryssa on holiday and meets : Vash, a devious, beautiful thief.

Time traveling aliens from the future, looking for a powerful weapon.

And a greedy Ferengi.

It was good.

Voyager " Future's End. " A terrific two parter. A temporal Federation " Cop" tries to destroy Voyager, and the two ships end up right near Earth in the latter part of the 20 th century; the time ship and it's lone occupant end up in 1967, and Voyager in 1996.

The time cop ends up homeless and without his ship because a man stole it and using it's secrets to advance computers ( He is Bill Gates without being called Bill Gates. )

The man wants to test the time ship, which could destroy
the Earth and the solar system if the controls are not set properly... and he does NOT know how to do this.

He kidnaps the holo doc and gives him a mobile emitter, enabling him to join away missions and leave sickbay as he pleases.

After a few interesting chases and the man being captured, everything is ok in the end, except the time cop
sends Voyager back excatly when and where they were in space, meaning they still have many thousands of light years to travel to get home again.

Excellent episode! I like, a LOT!

life." - Tuvok.

2500+ posts
2500+ posts
As far as I can remember, "Future's End" was the first place I ever saw Sarah Silverman.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
DS9 was excellent today! One of the 4 other genetically altered mutants Bashir knows was brought to DS9 by her 3 friends; Bashir does some medical procedure to her, and she is OUT of her non communicative state!

She proves to be quite intelligent. Bashir falls in love with her.

She reverts back to her previous state. This due to Bashir pushing things. She opens up again, and tells him she is confused by his feelings towards her.

Bashir agrees that she ought to go away on her own to live and work with a Scientist and his family.

He lets go 'cause he loves her.

Next Generation : " Tin Man " - one of my faves - Tam Elbrin, a powerful Betazoid telepath is recruited to communicate with a large, starship sized alien life form.

Tam has trouble being around people - he can't block out the thoughts of others, as he was born with his ability switched on, a rarity, as Betazoids usually don't get their abilities until puberty.

Romulans are also seeking the creature; their goal - It will join them or die.

The creature's name is Gumbtu. It is orbiting a star, Beta Strongrin, which is soon to explode. The creature is old and lonely and wants to die. It is the last of it's kind.

Elbrin warns the creature about the Romulans' intentions; it destroys their ship and nearly cripples Enterprise.

Another Romulan ship has arrived and claims right of vengeance.

Data and Tam beam over to the creature; Tam and the creature relate immediately.

The star is exploding. The Enterprise and Romulan ship are thrown clear by the creature; Data is returned to the Enterprise.

Tam is happy at last, and so is the creature.

" Hollow Pursuits " - Another great one! Lt. Barclay has created a Holo program of various crew members. He has trouble with people and is painfully shy.

The bridge crew go to the holodeck to find him, and see their counterparts.. Deanna is mortified at her " Goddess Of Empathy " holo self!

Meanwhile, a contaminant was brought accidentally aboard! It messes up the Warp engines, which WON'T turn off.

Just before the ship is destroyed from high acceleration,
Barclay saves the day by figuring out a key to the problem.

Both Next Gens are my faves!

life." - Tuvok.

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts

Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
Nowhere watches star trek...myyyeaaahhhh

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Stop touching me!

Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
I wouldn't wanna Welsh on a bet....

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
So you admit to attempting to molest me!

Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
I'm a man of my word...

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
One question.
Whats that small bulge in your pants?
It kinda looks like you have a peanut in your pocket!

Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
a peanut is kinda like a chip only meatier....

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
You do realise that over here, chips are bigger than peanuts!

Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
over her CHIPS are the size of erik estrada...

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
No. Chips are thing and pasty................kinda like you!

Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
well, I'm kinda irish....

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
the gay kind

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Star Trek : Voyager - " Warlord " -

An injured alien named Tieran transfers his consciousness into Kes' mind moments before he dies. He then gains control over her and uses her abilities to steal a shuttlecraft and return to his home world to attempt a political coup.

" The Q and The Grey " -
Voyager encounters several supernova in a small region of space. It is soon revealed that they are the after-effects of a civil war within the Q-Continuum. Q appears and believes that the solution to the problem is for him to produce a child, and his mate of choice is Captain Kathryn Janeway. Matters are complicated when a jealous female Q appears claiming that Q was her boyfriend.

Both were pretty good, though I like " The Q and The Grey " better.

life." - Tuvok.

Page 23 of 40 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 39 40

Link Copied to Clipboard